What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a HID kit from www.ddmtuning.com. The kit I ordered is the double 35w xenon in 6000k flavor.

$61.50 for the two setups and USPS priority shipping. I should have it in my hands by wednesday. With the install and pictures to follow. I'm going to take some video and stills of the way the lights light up now and then after the install.

Ordered a HID kit from www.ddmtuning.com. The kit I ordered is the double 35w xenon in 6000k flavor.

$61.50 for the two setups and USPS priority shipping. I should have it in my hands by wednesday. With the install and pictures to follow. I'm going to take some video and stills of the way the lights light up now and then after the install.

PM sent

Nice job.............Looks sinister!................Enjoy the fruits of your labor!........................Tom.

Put my headlight on my 89 & done a bunch of cleaning on the 90 & synched the carbs & painted the clutch & brake masters & put a new sending unit in.

Attachments

• Cybermax headlight 001.jpg
    Cybermax headlight 001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Cybermax headlight 002.jpg
    Cybermax headlight 002.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 22
Road back from NY in some rain today. But, never been on a bad ride yet, and it was worth every second. I got to see my Bud. Dan-o and met his wonderful wife Heidi.

Off we went last night to watch Zak (meanmax) race at Lebanon Valley Raceway. Dan-o and I had a great ride through the hills and winding roads of the Columbia County hills. No shortage of Dear along those rhodes, so we almost had to do the speed limit some of the time.

We met up with Zak, and it was great to see him again. We chatted a bit. Soon it was time for ZAK to get down to business, and I've got to tell you he does the Vmax Community proud. He's quite a guy. Here are some of the pics.
Steve-o

Attachments

• pics 119.jpg
    pics 119.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 33
  • pics 120.jpg
    pics 120.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 32
  • pics 162.jpg
    pics 162.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 31
  • pics 185.jpg
    pics 185.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 32
  • pics 192.jpg
    pics 192.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 34
Found the source of my '98s sluggish mid-range , finally , slightly cracked spark plug. Woo hoo , replaced all 4 , took out 13 year old coils and installed cops w/ resisters . All seems well again . Look out I-20 east bound .

Late last night I saw that my HID was in the Fairbanks sorting area. So I tore the lighting off my bike. Only to discover that it didn't make the trucks in time. oh well, I can wait until monday.

*update* post office guy just left my house, A package was left on the truck. My HID :) Install tonight.

My HID kit, from ddmtunin.com, came in yesterday, After another bout with insomnia I desided to put my awakness to good use and installed my HID. I almost took a bunch of pictures and to a writeup. But my headlights required a little bit of work.

The little bit of work was; cut wiring harness apart, trim the wires, and make my own wiring harness. I think it came out pretty good. I had some extra 1" casing to wrap the new, soldered and shrink wrapped wire. I like to keep things as stock looking as possible. The ballasts fit real nice under my left scoop. Good thing I have the double scoops. I don't think I could have fit 2 ballasts under the scoop.

There is a cool projection effect from the lights shining. I call it "Skull and Crossbones" for obvious reasons. I don't know where it's coming from There is no light pollution, my headlights project straight. I think it might have somthing to do with the reflectors in the headlight. What ever it is, I'm not fixing it. Skull and crossbones and a blacked out Vmax seems like a good pair.

Here are some pics after redoing the wiring, The skull and crossbones, before and after pictures with high and low beams.

Installed HID this morning.

Attachments

• P1030459.jpg
    P1030459.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030452.jpg
    P1030452.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030461.jpg
    P1030461.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030454.jpg