197 hp actual dyno H2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Bone stock. I guess people are complaining its weak from what all the hype was. For 25k.... I am not sure if I would deal or not.

BUT.... I did read that pulling the flies out gains TREMENDOUS power. Supposedly 230-240 hp is seen as the flies only open for 2000 rpm?

Bikes are getting so serious now that with that much power on tap.... I believe the factory is "down grading" things to make them less of a death missle than they have full potential to be.

Still for 25K, I can turbo my 14 with a stage 2 setup and make 400 hp EASILY. Heck I could turbo my 14, BUY a Gen 2 Vmax and STILL have cash in hand LOL. I think that sounds like a much better setup...

Regardless 197 hp at the wheel of a bone stock bike is still amazing. Love the chirping of the Supercharger. The bikes looks don't appeal to me that much either.

2015-Kawasaki-Ninja-H2-Street-Brightened-770x420.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnmVvWkqxRI#t=166

I would not buy one, even if it DID make the 240hp it is advertised as having. Like you said, you could turbo a ZX-14, or in my case, I would choose a Busa, and still come out spending a TON less than what that H2 will cost ya.

The one thing you do have to remember is, it was made to run around, not just straight lines. The busa and 14, while agile for big bikes, can't hold a candle to the H2.

There is lots of potential.... just too much money. I seem to say that alot about new bikes lately.

It'll make 250 easy once the tuners hack the ECU and dial up the boost.

You can boost a 14 of Busa a lot cheaper but it won't be an H2. That's a big part of what you're paying for....exclusivity, newest, best, cool factor.

It comes with a factory warranty too.....I've seen plenty of boosted bikes done by top notch shops and they always have issues.

They'll easily sell all they make.....probably at a premium as well.

They are making 230-240 without turning up the boost yet. But man $25k....

$14k new busa/14
$8k turbo kit installed
$22k total.... 270hp to start....375-400 with a few changes

$16k Gen 2
$4k regular mods (?)
$20k with $5 k left over

Hmmm....

The one thing you do have to remember is, it was made to run around, not just straight lines. The busa and 14, while agile for big bikes, can't hold a candle to the H2.
Even the Busa can corner way better than 99% of riders out there. (not refering to the rider's rides, but the riders themselves) There comes a time when you reach a point where no additional capabilities will show any improvement with an actual rider on board. These current bikes are reaching (and exceeding) our own limits, in some cases, by a WIDE margin.

You can boost a 14 of Busa a lot cheaper but it won't be an H2. That's a big part of what you're paying for....exclusivity, newest, best, cool factor.
I personally couldn't give two shits for the exclusivity, newest, best, cool factor. Granted, I love the newer R1's, but I could be just as happy on a 1st Gen Busa, a Honda VTR-1000 Superhawk, an 1100 Katana, or even a 1st Gen V-Max...

HEY! I'm already there! I got my Max!

Bikes are getting so serious now that with that much power on tap.... I believe the factory is "down grading" things to make them less of a death missle than they have full potential to be.

Yeah, agreed. I watched some other videos on this bike. I watched the one that had the extended swing arm run 8.21 in the 1/4 mile. That's QUICK!!!

But seriously, the power is enormous to sell to any punk that walks into the dealership. Makes you wonder where we will go from here?
Europe has different rules. It blows the minds of my Hungarian co-workers that in the U.S., they don't even need to check your motorcycle license. They only sell machines. So actually a 15-year-old could buy a Kawasaki H2 if he had the money.

a couple guys on the Concours forums purchased the H2. The H2R is the track version. I did see some track testing videos with the H2R and the new R1M and what freekn awesome machines they are. Not my speed but gotta respect what they are capable of. Saw both In person at the NY MC show this year....even met Ricky Gadson. They look like something from transformers! LOL

I know when does it all stop? I never thought I would see factory bikes running in the 8's and that was already yesterywar.

What's next 7's and 350 hp?

Latest posts

Back