Modular Helmets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well after LOTS of research, I ve narrowed down to a $200 price range for a secondary helmet. I wanted a Modular so on long trips I can flip up and talk at the stop lights etc. Last big trip I took, a buddy had one and it was awesome.

So I narrowed down to the

1 Scorpion EXO900X DOT and EXC

2 Bell Revolver Evo DOT only

My main concern after reading review after review, was wind noise. I can't seem to find anyone that gives a in depth answer to wind noise. most say its loud for a modular and to be expected. Which I do expect. But I am just wondering if anyone here can answer that question and tell me that yes, you have to wear ear plugs etc....

Both are price pointed around the same price. The bell has more of a sport bike helmet look. The Scorpion doesn't look to bad either. Both weigh about the same. I have experience with Scorpions customer service and it was outstanding. The Scorpion comes with a 5 year warranty as does the Bell.

Advantages to the Bell are more designs available. Which is a plus. But not a huge plus, as I can probably just hydrographic my helmet if I want. I ve normally had dark color helmets in the past, but thinking I might change it up and go with a lighter color helmet this time.

Advantages to the Scorpion, is inflatable cheeks. Which I really liked in my last Scorpion helmet.

So if anyone here has first hand experience with either helmet, let me know. I ve read a TON of reviews and everyone seemed happy with them.

Bell_Revolver_Evo_Helmet_Ghost_Black_detail_1__43628.1419823000.400.400.jpg

Scorpion
scorpion-exo-900x-helmetf14.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIVpc8g42Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0v1mEq-IAA

Wind noise is an issue with most modular helmets. I have a Nolan N104 and wear ear plugs when riding on the highway.

I wear HJC modular helmets - but I most always have my music ear pieces in anyway.

I've had modular helmets before, HJC and Bell. Sold them both because of the wind noise.

I'm a huge fan of scorpion helmets and currently have the EXO-1100 and the 750, wife also has a 750.

I'd probably try the scorpion modular if I was going to get another one.

I went higher end myself. Just took my first ride with new Shoei Neotec modular. Quiet, comfortable, but pricy. Check Cycle Gear, sale on certain colors.
Using it with Sena 20s communicator. Good fit.
Mike

As I've posted before, I've had the BMW, Shoei and Shark Evoline modular helmets. My hands-down favorite is the Shark because of it's superior chin bar rotation to a posterior location where you can run 80 mph w/it open and not feel like some giant hand is trying to rip your forehead off. I suggest the visor (but not necessarily the chinbar) down for speeds over 60 mph. It has a washable, removable liner and an interior sun visor.
You can also get it w/luminous paint, which will be the topic of many conversations when you ride at night. Not quite 'Nightrider,' but very noticeable.

Some on here have complained of weight, but it never has been a problem for me, but I wear an 18_18-1/2" dress shirt.
images
images
images

Check the reviews on webbikeworld. They give ratings on noise. I wear a HJC modular and its very noisey.

I have a regular Nolan helmet full face. I love it I have been thinking of getting a modular for some time. Cycle gear has deals all the time with the Bilt helmets. Currently they have a Bilt modular with bluetooth for $199.. Just my 2cents.. Oh I usually get mine as closeouts due to I am cheap....my Nolan was a $400 helmet I got for like $85....

Latest posts

Back