Royal Star Venture.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
A local dealer has a really clean 2005 RSV for sale. Really well equipped, Garmin GPS, IPod MP3, nearly new tires, diamond cut engine fins, nicely pinstriped.. 1 owner, older guy. No sign of it ever being down..

59,000 miles on the odo. I got it down to $4795.00... I'm thinking of getting rid of the Roadstar and having another V4 in the garage. Unfortunately, they won't take the Roadie on trade. If I could get $1500 for it as it sits, it would be a complete no brainier. Problem is the missing 5th gear. I'm planning on getting the Roadie fixed over the winter, and if I did get this Venture, trying to get maybe $2500 for it. I will not part it out, it's just too nice of a bike.

Which brings me to the question.. I still love the Roadstar. I wouldn't be heartbroken if I just kept it, and When I have it repaired, there'd be no reason not to. Cheapest way out is to fix the Roadstar, and keep riding it. However Kathy flat out loves the Venture, the comfort level, and storage.. I know a bit about Yamaha V4s, and 59k miles isn't a worry.. I'd put the Series voltage regulator from the Roadstar in it, and not worry about the electrics. It has carbs, and I've got a Morgan Carbtune to keep them balanced. There's enough knowledge here on the forum to get me through any carb glitches, too...

Decisions, decisions..

I also belong to the Venturerider org forum. Both gen1 and gen2 are covered in amazing detail. Mine is an oldie but I have planted myself on an RSV and they are super. Im going to say thumbs up. The guys that have them really seem to love them and I can see why.

IMHO you cant go wrong.

The only real negative to the venturerider site is sensorship, its G rated and on no part of tbe forum may you walk the dog as it were. That said its excellent with great folks, go have a read before you decide. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

What color?

Ditto, you would be quite pressed to find a better tourer for less money. Thats a mile eater there. Mery Xmas to you brother, post a closer pic once its in your shop.

Latest posts

Back