What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've heard the 2008 and up ninja 250's coudl be mistaken for a 500

So you just run a wire from each side of "any type" switch and connect those wires to the white connector ? how are the fuses being blown? hooking the wires to the wrong sides of the white connector ? if so is there a way to tell which wire goes where so I don't have to blow a fuse?

Thanks
Ron

The first switch I tried to use was a rocker that lit up and I must have wired it wrong because once I turned the switch off the first time it (the fan) never worked again.... until I discovered I had a blown fuse.

The first switch I tried to use was a rocker that lit up and I must have wired it wrong because once I turned the switch off the first time it (the fan) never worked again.... until I discovered I had a blown fuse.

I bet that's why Sean says,

Run one wire to one side and one wire to the other from your 2 pole non-lighted switch (or ignore the third terminal for those types of switches)

I bet that's why Sean says,

Run one wire to one side and one wire to the other from your 2 pole non-lighted switch (or ignore the third terminal for those types of switches)

LOL, I got bit by it, others have it working. :clapping:

Today I masked up my engine and sprayed it with HTP paint ,a nice gloss black, and went for a ride so I could suffer the effects of the paint going off.A couple more rides and the smell will go away,I hope.Cheer Kevman.

Took it for a 300km ride with another vmax buddy today and 20 other sports bikes, as always it did itself proud.. Other riders just shake there head and wonder how something so old in design can go so fast , , most other bike owners have only heard of the max but have never seen or rode one in the flesh in Australia that is,Nice to have something different and also a great talking piece....

As it was pissing down with rain i took my scoops off to give them a polish up washed polished and waxed them as well as the faux cover . I did manage to ride 150kms yesterday tho . :punk:

The thermo bypass switch works great. Did mine a few weeks back. My temp never goes up past the halfway mark now, I turn it on just before that. This is riding in 100 degree with stop and go traffic. It used to almost hit the red line before the fan turned on and then it would stay that high even with the temps in the mid 80's. So I am very happy with it. I put mine on the right side(seems to be backwards from most). But with this way when I stop, and reach for the key I see the switch lit up and turn that off while pulling the key. Weak electrical system does not need the extra fan running when trying to start the bike.

I went for a small ride today, in between microbursts, then I removed the graphic wrap off of my faux tank.

Big ride this weekend, put a little over 1600km (1000mi) on the clock. Starting from here in Calgary rode into BC, down to Creston (WICKED ride, apparently the best one in BC and I will attest to that) then came down into the US and over to Whitefish Montana. Did the road to the sun (awesome scenery and views) and then back up to the great white north. Lots of bikes out, only seen ONE max in our travels though which I was surprised by.

The max ran strong, need to get some maintenance done....thinking coolant, plugs, air filter, and probably an oil change for good measure :biglaugh: (and that fan switch has me tempted, drives me crazy when the temp is at the red line)

I went for a real quick tear between rain, bikes been parked for almost 2 weeks, I was having withdrawals. :D Vboost + Wet Roads = YAHOO!!!!

Filled up the nitrous tanks today, then went for a nice morning ride. Been pissing up here for the past week, so riding was limeted to hit andmiss ventures. Today, however was good for a couple of tanks full before returning home to mow the lawn again.

Washed it up, and I'm liking the look of the stock tank back on the bike instead of the graphics. I'm thinking looks wise, I'm about done.

Still thinking about different rims and morley's 6"+ swingarm, but for the time being I'm content.

Still loosing lbs, I'm still over 300lbs, but I'm not the 425 I used to be. Phys rehab is long and painfull, but I'm able to be onthe elliptical machine longer so that is helping shed even better. 80lbs down and 80 more to go :punk:

I got back from my trip and removed the intake manifolds and cleaned them up good, replaced the "O"rings and v-boost boots and put it all back together again and the bastard still refuses to run right!!:damn angry::damn angry:
so for now I`ve decided to give up on `ol ma yamaha`s problem child and
forget about it for a while.:damn angry:
I don`t understand it, I never had these kind of problems or headaches with my honda.
I guess you have to be careful what you wish for, `cause you just might get it.
<<Dave>>

Filled up the nitrous tanks today, then went for a nice morning ride. Been pissing up here for the past week, so riding was limeted to hit andmiss ventures. Today, however was good for a couple of tanks full before returning home to mow the lawn again.

Washed it up, and I'm liking the look of the stock tank back on the bike instead of the graphics. I'm thinking looks wise, I'm about done.

Still thinking about different rims and morley's 6"+ swingarm, but for the time being I'm content.

Still loosing lbs, I'm still over 300lbs, but I'm not the 425 I used to be. Phys rehab is long and painfull, but I'm able to be onthe elliptical machine longer so that is helping shed even better. 80lbs down and 80 more to go :punk:

Grats KJ, yer making some major headway!! :thumbs up:

congrads KJ alwasy good to hear someone doing stuff like that!

i messed with my bearings a bit to see if i could completely get rid of the wobble/weave.. still have a tiny weave and a wobble only when something happens to the front end... ugh.. danny i'm still gonna take u up on that offer eventually!

congrads KJ alwasy good to hear someone doing stuff like that!

i messed with my bearings a bit to see if i could completely get rid of the wobble/weave.. still have a tiny weave and a wobble only when something happens to the front end... ugh.. danny i'm still gonna take u up on that offer eventually!

Any time Garrett....might just get some interesting results! :confused2:

Congrats on the weight loss, KJ - keep it going - for motivation, the more weight you lose, the faster the max will go!

Mike

I got back from my trip and removed the intake manifolds and cleaned them up good, replaced the "O"rings and v-boost boots and put it all back together again and the bastard still refuses to run right!!:damn angry::damn angry:
so for now I`ve decided to give up on `ol ma yamaha`s problem child and
forget about it for a while.:damn angry:
I don`t understand it, I never had these kind of problems or headaches with my honda.
I guess you have to be careful what you wish for, `cause you just might get it.
<<Dave>>

Hey Dave will have to have a wrenching party. I am going to need your help getting the engine back in the bike soon, the trans is showing up tomorrow and I have the cases split waiting on it. Once it is back together bring the bike over and let me take it for a spin and see what we can do. The one day you came over it sounded fine but hard to tell without riding it.
What exactly is it doing???
BTW my son loves the guitar!!!

Back on track, I split the cases today:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Latest posts

Back