OK OK.... I bought #7..... 1988 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Original Owner... 30k miles, in excellent shape. Got a factory mini screen which I ll sell. Other than that..... all factory original. The exhaust got a garage ding and the guy put the Vance and Hinces tags on it to hide it lol.

I rode it home, 25 miles in 35 degree weather with it misting rain. Smart eh?

Front brakes feel mushy. I think the front master needs a rebuild. New tires front and rear, new battery, new starter, fork seals done and oil just changed.

Ready to ride minus the front brake issue. Has a little pop in the carbs, but it was winter gas with stabil in it. So I ll put some good 87 octane in and let it rip.

Honestly, I wasn't really planning on buying another, but figured my girl might like to ride a cruiser a little. But once she sits on the back, she might want to get back on the ZX14 seat ( which is a 2010 concours seat ) which is wider and more cushy.

Texas Tornado had a Eliminator and I was going to go take a look in a couple weeks if he still had it. But this popped up locally so I thought I would just go check it out and see for shits and giggles.

Well $1950 less in my wallet and I rode it home....:biglaugh:

I think I ll probably go through it and end up giving it to my son since he liked riding my last Vmax. Who knows..... not sure yet.

11102863_946022985431407_2463305475446763946_n.jpg

11130256_946022958764743_3521795230341887675_n.jpg

00v0v_dokFrgb2Sp7_600x450.jpg

00G0G_hit8RKjLcsD_600x450.jpg
00m0m_dmFDUJllRj9_600x450.jpg
00J0J_24bpXoQW6g4_600x450.jpg
00J0J_pKUmyJVwRy_600x450.jpg

Good looking bike. 200mph is possible though takes a lot of money lol. Bill did the deed years ago on his 1570cc bike at the Maxton Mile event.

Looks very good. I like the color, but you need some polished or chrome scoops (my opinion).

Excellent find for under $2000............:punk:..............I agree, polished or chrome scoops would look better....................Tom.

Thanks guys.

I didn't plan on it, but when I saw it, I knew it was a solid good running bike and worse case I could ride it a little and flip it.

I was thinking the same thing on the scoops. They are very nice factory black scoops. It would be nice to find someone that wanted a all black set I could trade. But on the same hand I could take them off tonight and powder coat them chrome silver....

Good looking bike, I bet when you decide to pull the trigger on an Eliminator, I'll still have SOMETHING. LOL. :biglaugh:

If only those kind of deals were available here, I'd have a few spares just for parts if nothing else.

Matt

I always look for bikes just incase I need a side hobby. And right now there is a 89 that's almost a twin to this one with kerker exhaust for $2000.

Usually I see over priced 2004's for $6500 lol.

Clean for the $. Always hard to pass on a nice one at a good price ain't it? What's that my wife says?, like I need another hole in my head!

Yeah when I took it for a quick spin, the motor was tight and good, the bike over all was tight and good. The front brakes lack, but that could be also because I ve been riding my 14.

After that quick spin, I was like, yep, I should own this.... :)

Latest posts

Back