You have forward controls and want to ditch 'em?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quarterhorse,

I included pictures of forward controls from the exactrep (www.exactrep.com) website and mid controls from the over racing website (www.over.co.jp). The forward are about $544.00 US and the mids are 100,000 yen (?)

I have Yamaha's engine case protectors with highway pegs on them and they do me ok.

Mike

This is the message from the first page of this thread that mentions the mid controls (the jap ones priced in yen). I really like the idea of lowering the pegs with the pegs that mount in the stock location.

-MikeS

Had pics in the gallery but looks like the whole gallery has been ax'ed. I'll try and re-submit

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 116
Had pics in the gallery but looks like the whole gallery has been ax'ed. I'll try and re-submit

I still have all the pictures from the Gallery, I'm just working on a new Gallery.

http://www.over.co.jp/over_racing/english/

scroll to midstep , click on go

they look really nice,and i think they would be a better position than a rearset(but im still thinking hard on this,cause my feet go back when i get on my Ducati,and it feels good,so i am gonna do some mockups before i decide what to spend the cash on)

but be prepared for a little sticker shock,because 100,000 yen is 950.576 USD
and rearsets are about 550.00

but i gotta do something because my shins are battling the pegs at every stoplight/parking lot etc, and i just want to move them!!!

thanks guys

doug

Hi All.

I was just wondering, I notice that with all the forward controls, mid-controls, rear sets, etc. that the stock pegs/controls are removed. I've been riding around with my feet on the engine guards which I assume is about where forward controls would go, and while it's a comfortable position for cruising, I don't think that's the optimum position for control, as there would be no way to raise yourself off the seat over bumps, etc. and was wondering if there's any reason forward controls couldn't be connected, ALONG with the stock pegs/controls, sort of like dual controls, or a flying bridge on a boat? Maybe it's silly, but I really don't feel comfortable not having my controls right under my feet, so I don't think highway pegs alone would be a good answer.

-MikeS

Yea i know what ya mean , i am 6'2 and the stock pegs cramp me a little but mostly are a real pain when i am sitting at a light or trying to park the bike while we are out riding(kills my shins every time)

so i gotta find something or move on to a different bike and i really dont want to do that(i got a lot of hobbies , and my two(2)bikes are paid for so i dont really want to go buying nothing else right now , sheesh.....

i just wish somebody stateside made a pegset more like the Over Racing midset(they are between 5 and 6 inches forward)like i said in a previous post i am gonna mock up the WR rearsets position and the Over Racing midset position and try to get a good feel for which would be best cause once they are bought ,well theyre' bought!

doug

im bringing this up again, cause unless I do something, I will be selling my vmax, I have a pinched nerve-bulged disk and it is killing me to ride in the current position[stock pegs], these are now 1200+ for a set from over racing, I have NEVER seen a set, and no one else makes them, so im outta luck on the used market it seems......

http://www.cmsnl.com/products/YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-MID-CONTROL-STEP-4-POSITION_513410/

if anybody has or knows where I can get a set used, I would appreciate it [so would my back]

doug

Over Racing mid controls installed. Mine are on order.

7E6FC387-1853-4E14-8F83-BBB9D698CFC0_zpsqeiiwjjl.jpg

DBA1516C-A6AB-47AB-B6F6-036E26324E05_zpsrzgj4f1r.jpg

Nope. Ordered them. Waited a month. Suddenly got informed they are no longer available.

Made my own.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428637110.213266.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428637141.659506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that's a bummer. I just sent an email directly to over racing about them.

Nice work!! How much of that was fabricated vs fraken parting?

Yeah I sent one of those emails. Then I found them offered at J-parts.com. I ordered them. Waited 2 months. Got notified they were discontinued. I hope you have better luck.

Well, the shifter is made out of BMW linkage, a fabricated pivot that rides on ceramic flanged bearings and a Hammerhead shifter for a BMW GS1200. All small welds. I used a longer pull on the front pivot to tighten up the shifting. The BMW linkage is way nicer than stock. My bike shifts snickety-snick like a sport bike.

The footpegs mounts are modified stock. Cut, lowered, sucked in way tighter than stock and re-welded. I used fabricated brackets to move the factory mounts forward one bolt hole (roughly 2.5"). The footpegs are from WildHair and can be rotated 22.5 degrees at a time through all 360 degrees. I have 3 different length arms.

The brake is actually 3 wrenches that are bent, welded and reattached. I calculated the lever ratios to emulate stock. The brake pad is a Hammerhead replacement part. I welded on extra taps so I can move the pedal forward or back 1.5" on the lever.

The return spring on the brake is a titanium valve spring from my KTM race bike.

With this, in 5 minutes with a 5mm Allen wrench and a 10mm open end wrench, I can go from cruise to twisty road ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back