VMax rider down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He almost cleared the turtle-SUV. Countersteering might have gotten him past. Not much time to react. Looks like he may have locked up the brakes and went down as he passed the flipped white SUV. Congestion is always a good time to reduce speed. You can see his speedo, watch it before the crash.

I hope he is ok! His speed was faster than it should be IMO. Driving a 24t box delivery truck in the city made me realize how unpredictable traffic around is, patience was a forced reality in the truck... on a motorcycle it's a probable lifesaver.

I can vouch for the unpredictable nature and behavior of drivers. Steering a 60,000 lb ladder truck through traffic as an emergency vehicle, you have to be very cautious. Sometimes, it's just sit stationary until the people in-front of you decide where they're going. The EMS ambulances have more maneuverability, but they run more-frequently, so your chances are worse.

It appeared that the guy survived OK, a good reason for AGATT. No 'brain-bucket' and wearing shorts, a 'wife-beater' & flip flops won't make for a good day.

I don't know why he didn't slow-down when he saw the congestion in-front of him.

I hope he is ok! His speed was faster than it should be IMO. Driving a 24t box delivery truck in the city made me realize how unpredictable traffic around is, patience was a forced reality in the truck... on a motorcycle it's a probable lifesaver.

What was the white SUV doing, drove up on the slowed traffic too fast and jerked it to the left to avoid a crash?

He sure needs to brush up on his crash avoidance skills!

Almost surely texting. When riding on full alert reading the signs, the road and the drivers I see tons of texters. Most aren't even hiding it.

Almost surely texting. When riding on full alert reading the signs, the road and the drivers I see tons of texters. Most aren't even hiding it.

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. :worthy:

Had a chick come across the center line, about halfway into my lane before she picked her head up and saw me taking evasive moves to the shoulder...gave me that Oh My God, I'm soooo sorry look as she flashed on by!

Like you said rrego, they're everywhere! :bang head:

I guy damn near killed me when I was at a light behind a car waiting for green. Screeching tires and all. That'll get the adrenaline pumping. Went from terrified to about as pissed off as I've ever been when I looked at him and he smiled and waved. Almost killed me then smiled and waved.
That changed the way I position when stopping behind a vehicle. I now stop slightly turned which makes you bigger and allows you to watch the mirror with a straight front wheel so you're ready to launch to a safe area.

rrego (Now with a gen 2 Max)

That's sage advice, my friend. Slowing down and accessing the situation has saved my arse plenty.

Latest posts

Back