Don't buy ABB brake hoses!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
I bought a full set of brake and clutch lines from All Bike Brakes. I sent them the e-mail below because the kit looks so incredibly amateurish. The pics are included, and his response.

"Thomas,

This kit is wrong.

I have flipped up the hoses at the calipers as you said, and taken new photo's for you.

The calipers originally had straight fittings. ABB have changed them to a fitting with a bend, which simply puts a bend in the hose. It fits worse than the originals.

The master cylinder originally had a slight bend in the fitting. You have changed this to 1 bent, 1 straight. It fits worse than the originals.

I need you to send me new hoses.

Baz"

Their reply :

"Sir that is the kit we make for that bike. We have sold many of them in the past with no issues. The specifications match the kit you have sent me pictures of.

Thomas
Sales Staff
L Seven Development"

I am not at all happy that their version of correct fitting is simply "If the banjo bolt fits, it's useable." I think the bend in at the caliper end is just stupid!

They have no idea what they are doing, and their attitude sucks.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Attachments

• 20110211_001.jpg
    20110211_001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20110211_007.jpg
    20110211_007.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
ROFLMAO!!

"You can run it that way. If you would like try to put the straight fitting in the front of the curved one.

Thomas "

Note that sometimes the double line fitting requires a bend on one of the lines to clear the 2nd line. I can't remember what our 2 line kits look like.

Sean

I'll agree with Sean. If both lines in front were straight I think that they would hit each other when tightened down. The rear one doesn't look that bad. No one would ever notice it.

sean i think your galfer lines are straight up top

however this may be a case of getting what you pay for.

That is not the reason why they do it like that.
If it was, this statement would make no sense whatsoever - "If you would like try to put the straight fitting in the front of the curved one." Then the wouldn't just touch, they would cross over!

The Galfers are straight.

Hopefully the ones they send me now are awesome. ;-)

My 2 line Galfers has 3 straight and one at a slight angle which is used at the master cylinder. This is the best picture I have of the master cylinder showing the one with the slight bend and straight end, then the other two straight ends on the left and right calipers.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Yes, More Girls Redbone, Many more girls....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yes, More Girls Redbone, Many more girls....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I'm going to speed up the changes for a while now that football season is over, probably until riding season starts. I have enough stockpiled that I won't post the same picture for a long, long, long, long time!:clapping::biglaugh::punk:

I forgot about this thread!

ABB sent me a couple of hoses.

One with straight fittings at the master cylinder, which was right, apart from the colour was different. It looked like cad plated instead of silver. I don't want to use it.

They also sent me a hose for the rear. I copied the dimensions from Spiegler (for Spiegler rearsets), and they got that wrong too.
I believe that the length of the hose is measured from banjo to banjo. They gave me a hose that measured correctly if you measured the flexible hose, so it was roughly 2-3" too long. I can't even tell if the fittings are on the right way around because the extra length makes it difficult to fit.

The widest point on these hoses is the banjo, so they don't have to be angled at the master cylinder.
I don't know, but I'm guessing that they have copied someone elses catalogue. Maybe Galfers. If they had done the fit up themselves, they would not have had to bother with an angle.

They are marketed against Galfer, and their prices aren't much different from memory.
You don't get what you paid for!

Grumble grumble. :bang head:

Ok now the bike I'm working on has one line the master then down to a block then two lines to calipers in front.
I have not seen two off the master.scratch, s head why I,m I wrong.

Ok now the bike I'm working on has one line the master then down to a block then two lines to calipers in front.
I have not seen two off the master.scratch, s head why I,m I wrong.

What you have is the stock configuration. Aftermarket SS kits are available in both configurations. Mine is the two separate lines but I would actually prefer the three line set using the stock splitter block. Would look cleaner at the master cylinder. JMHO...

All my Galfer hoses have a bend of about 10-15 degrees, nothing like in the picture but definitely not straight either, They all fit and look great.

Mine has the stock configin front using the original manifold on the lower tree, I didn't like how that crossover hose from side to side on the front looks, and functional wise I don't believe either has an advantage over the other, pressure is pressure.

I actually think you're installation looks OK to the casual observer, but then were Vmax guys and not too casual about our bikes now are we?:biglaugh:

I would be a hell of a lot more bothered about the finish, if it's really Cadmium plated or chrome plated the finish will fail at some point in time and look like crap no matter how well they fit or work.

I think stainless would be the only thing acceptable here, isn't that what the Galfers Banjo's are made of?

These hoses are called Goodridge type hoses here, and they don't need a bend at the m/cyl to clear each other. They are thinner. The added benefit I got was having a space to mount a completely different headlight where the splitter used to be.

Just don't get aluminium fittings, they never last! Plain steel works but it is better to be coated as they stay purdy.

I had to shorten the brake lines with new fittings, and rotate them to get them to go on.
My Brembo's and adaptors fit with std hoses, so once they fitted, I could then fit my Brembo's. :)

These are the ones I got from Sean Morley a couple of years ago for my '86 - custom length, silver with clear plastic coating, not Galfers (cheaper brand) and straight banjos at the M/C, slight bend at the caliper end. Loved them.

Attachments

• P1080492.jpg
    P1080492.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1080495.jpg
    P1080495.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back