VMF Roadside Assistence

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have filled out the form, but what do we do now? How do we access this? Who has access to it? What are the guidelines for use?
Ok, I know, enough questions for now.:biglaugh:

It copies it to 1 of the forum sections that you can't see at the moment. The only issue I have is, if I open up the forum section, then all your info is open to data collection bots from Google, Yahoo etc, which means they will have your phone number, ZIP code, email address and I don't know where they will store that info. I'm thinking of producing a monthly pdf with the info or ideally a database so you can look up who is close to you or near you when you are on a trip. I also need to set it up so you can edit your info.

Would a sub forum in the 'Forum Supporters Lounge' be secure for these purposes? That way the forum would benefit and the supporting members would be given a added perk say after becoming a Senior member or some other noteworthy milestone.
We trust in your judgement to keep us secure, thank you for that and all else you do Gary!:worthy:

I signed up too. There might be some bugs in the beginning, but I think this will turn out to be a great thing.

This is like what the VMOA.net site has had in place forever. My only concern here is that now your using a signature with your email/phone that is unprotected behind a closed forum. The BOTs will love you for that. On the VMOA site, we have all our user data under lock and key so you must be logged in to view the data. I for one do not want my contact info in my signature since I have strived so long to keep my info off the internet. There should be a forum section that only logged in members can get to instead of general open access to view like this post I am placing up here now.

Just my 2 cents on this.....

This is like what the VMOA.net site has had in place forever. My only concern here is that now your using a signature with your email/phone that is unprotected behind a closed forum. The BOTs will love you for that. On the VMOA site, we have all our user data under lock and key so you must be logged in to view the data. I for one do not want my contact info in my signature since I have strived so long to keep my info off the internet. There should be a forum section that only logged in members can get to instead of general open access to view like this post I am placing up here now.

Just my 2 cents on this.....

The VMOA.net is set up different in that you have to be a paying member to access it so it is easier to restrict access. I could restrict it to a Forum Supporter, as Redbone suggested, but then it becomes a "paid" assistance program, which is what I want to avoid. I'm testing out a set up where if you have submitted a roadside assistance form than you will have access to the forum and be able to update your info.

I am a stickler too for our information not getting out, but I still believe this is a great idea. One thing to be said...this is an amazing forum, people will loan parts out, or sell them for shipping price only. This forum has really restored my faith in people....people can have heavy duty discussions here...and its not taken personally.

OK, I've tested out a restriction system with Redbone for access into the VMF Roadside Assistance section, and it works. The only people with access to the section are those that have filled out one of the forms. I'll apply the rights to your profile and you will see a new section in the forum. You will be able to edit your R.A. information to keep it up to date and look at others willing to offer road side help. You may have to refresh your browser to see this section as your browser has probably cached this forum and won't see the new forum section. If you have filled out one of the VMF RA forms and don't have access, PM me as I might have missed your application.

Now this is for in the future after more people had added themselves, can people be sorted by region or state?

And Buster...its very evident how much you do for this forum, and how much you do behind the scenes...Thank you

Now this is for in the future after more people had added themselves, can people be sorted by region or state?

And Buster...its very evident how much you do for this forum, and how much you do behind the scenes...Thank you

sdt354 and I are working on a map that you can click on to see who is where. I'm also working on a search database based on zip codes/postal codes.

KJ, are there any other Maxxers that far north?

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

KJ, are there any other Maxxers that far north?

There is a '93, '05, '02, '06, '10, two '85's (one was wrecked) and mine in my town. Blurr is about 450-500 miles away from me and I know of at least 4 in Anchorage.
When I was in the VMOA, I was locating and developing a list of Alaskan Vmax owners. I haven't been involved with the VMOA for some time now and I have no idea what I did with or where the list I compiled is. Then again, I haven't really looked either. lol

I may be new to turning wrenches on the Max but I'm totally in, so if any of you guys end up riding through Idaho and need a hand or someone to kick it with, I'm there

I'm in. Ever thought about putting everyone's state in the title on the VMF Roadside Assistance page?

Latest posts

Back