balancing carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone send me a picture of what the tabs are supposed to look like,without the springs in them, so I can tell if mine are bent. I have read this might be part of the problem I have but I don't see how this could happen. I have not dropped the bike and nothingnhas ran into it. Also, where can I get new springs along with instructions of which one goes where, if that would make a difference.

I suspect Mr Shawnlee is referring to the 'tabs' that the adjusting screws act upon to alter the relative position of the butterflies.
Provided that you can get your vacuum readings syncronised then the position of the tabs isn't relevant.
Only if you run out of adjustment would that be relevant.

Can someone send me a picture of what the tabs are supposed to look like,without the springs in them, so I can tell if mine are bent. I have read this might be part of the problem I have but I don't see how this could happen. I have not dropped the bike and nothingnhas ran into it. Also, where can I get new springs along with instructions of which one goes where, if that would make a difference.

It would take a lot of force to bend the tabs. However, I've been befuddled a couple of times by stripped adjusting screws. You turn them and no response. Normally they're quite sensitive. If this saves anyone from unneeded aggravation all the better.

Latest posts

Back