What can I do to get more voltage at low RPMs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Ran into a low battery voltage not too long ago.
Reason; putting around, using the Vmax like a scooter, and not like God intended.

I honestly see myself staying more local and off the HWY, so low rpms are what I am envisioning in the future. So I was wondering if there is an option to allow me more charging voltage down low.

Possibly an R6 R/R?

With a good connection between the new stator (hard wired) ans Series regulator directly output to battery, my 1985 bike puts out 14.4 to 14.5 volts at anything over idle speed. Wiring regulator direct to battery bypasses the infamous "Crimp". It was this forum that informed me of these mods. If you go the path of upgrading a regulator, the SH775 is the way to go. Theres a lot of info here why...

+1 to the r/r upgrade and idle speed setting. Verify your stator is good. Lots of threads on testing it here. What battery are you running? You might want to upgrade to a better, and higher capacity one.

What's your idle set at ? bump it to 1100 or 1200 at idle anything lower then a 1000 isn't good

Then wait for the question asking how to find neutral.

Sometimes you just can't win.....:ummm: :bang head:

And why isn't 'anything below 1K' not good?

Latest posts

Back