Honda FB6

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, for the money, a guy could get a hell of a deal on a normal GW, with ALL the bells & whistles already on it from the factory. Tons of them around in various condition and deals to be made. Then buy a rear bag/seat kit that does away with the factory rear GW bag. You'd end up with the very same bike IMO, for potentially less money.
Goldwing conversion.jpg
http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/GL-1800-Tour-Sport-Kit-8-.htm

Not my cup of tea, but hey........I'm still in luv with my Rune.

Not really the same, as a devout Goldwing owner i can say that this bike is not really the same as a Gl1800, its close, has no reverse i seem to recall, no center stand, has better gauges than the Goldwing, lower sport windshield and of course less trunk space.
But people love it, not as outspoken as the Valkyrie or the Rune, more like a sport Goldwing.
Would i buy one? Probably not, an Indian Roadmaster would be a better investment.

My problem... I just want a bunch more bikes again.... at one point I had 16 bikes.... not all of them running riding bikes. But I just like looking out over a fleet I guess.

Now my tastes have changed and I would like to have some of the current new iron that is bad ass. The only problem..... I am shy the $200K it would cost to get them all lol.

My problem... I just want a bunch more bikes again.... at one point I had 16 bikes.... not all of them running riding bikes. But I just like looking out over a fleet I guess.

Now my tastes have changed and I would like to have some of the current new iron that is bad ass. The only problem..... I am shy the $200K it would cost to get them all lol.
I have the exact same feeling, i just go out and start them up one at a time, at least half of my 18 i can ride, some days i feel more inclined to ride certain ones, i do know that i ride best on a fast powerful light bike, manhandling a big Goldwing in city traffic gets on you.
I have several older Goldwings that i have for project bikes, my goal is to shave as much weight off as possible, just one central digital sport bike gauge, maybe one carbon fiber trunk, go through every piece like the rims to the kickstand, use titanium fasteners, not to spend a fortune but to lighten it up, they have a wonderful low center of gravity with that Boxer engine.

Here's one I saw at Daytona a few years ago, since we're speaking of forced-induction Gold Wings.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 47
I'm with you Todd I would totally buy an F6B I think they look sweet and I like the idea of a sporty cruiser, just a little too pricey for me.

I like them a lot. A local dealer had a left over deluxe model 2013 for $13,500. I was really tempted.

I would want one, if it came with the centerstand and reverse. Then I would want someone to come up with a kit to mount a trunk, for those times when I need one.

I definitely prefer the F6B over the new Valkarie. The New Valk is just plain fugly.

One issue I would have with either the full GW or the F6B variant is the handlebars. I would prefer my hands more forward and lower than what the Goldwings offer.

I looked into the CTX1300, and just sitting on it, it felt much like the F6B. One advantage to the CTX is that it has a tubular handlebar, and it even looks like there is clearance to mount a set of drag bars, if I desired.

I would need a kit for a trunk on the CTX as well.

Either bike would need to have the seat reshaped for my comfort also.

Latest posts

Back