Crankshaft replacement help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks to me like the short block is going to be a more fiscally viable solution to my problem. How do you do this then? Just $600 and you send me the engine (my heads are in great shape and I just checked the valve clearances so I would prefer to keep them. My transmission was upgraded by you so definitely want to use mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are correct. $600 plus postage ($150 should cover it about anywhere in the U.S.). Just email me and we can sort out the details.
[email protected]

I have a number of good used cranks or can even sell you a good short block and you just move over your trans, heads, and misc. We quit rebuilding bottom ends that had spun a bearing because engine life never worked out well. The cases get distorted even if the thrust doesn't look bad.

Are bottom ends that haven’t spun a bearing just as temperamental? Just curious if you never rebuild the bottoms or only if they’ve spun a bearing. Another question. What do you mean when you say move over your trans? Are you referring to the entire trans? Don’t you have to split the case to do so (I.e. referring to my original question)? I’ve talk to you before about a possible rebuild, but this option sounds like it may be a good alternative.

Just ever if they have spun a bearing. Anything else should be just fine. Move over your good trans since the most likely reason i'll have a short block like this at that price would be due to a bad 2nd gear (or other trans problem).

Latest posts

Back