Got a call from the "IRS" today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Strange.. The "IRS" agent who called me this morning and told me the police were coming to arrest me barely spoke English. After calling him every foul name I could think of, he hung up.

Then I remembered a few more and called him back six times to be certain I didn't miss any.

Then it got boring so I made breakfast, and watched a couple Alfred Hitchcock episodes I recorded overnight.

The cops, strangely enough, never showed up..

If you would have played along with him, I'd bet that he'd offer to accept a payment by telling you to purchase a gift card for that amount,, then,, come back and read him the numbers off the card.

That's one of the biggest scams out there..
They must get over on people quite a bit, I would think, or they would have abandoned this scam a long time ago.

I always play with the douches that call and inform me about the issues with my windows computer. I say, OH CRAP, IM GLAD YOU CALLED, I CANT MAKE IT WORK, PLEASE HELP......CREDIT CARD, HANG ON, ITS IN THE CAR...then I wander off and forget about the phone for a bit. Man the scammers are out thick. The IRS one comes up with my client, oft in the wee hours, I figure they know shes elderly. She dont buy it either. If nobody ever got suckered they would stop. Apparently they have a fair level of success. I spose its fine to rip folks off that grew up while the general public still had a moral compass. If there is a hell these asshats are all going.

I just now got off the phone after telling a sweet little girl named Jessica to "Stop Fuckin Calling Me".. Some shit about credit card rate reduction.

She hung up.

If I get one spam call every couple weeks thats alot. I use Ooma voip. They have a spectacular call blocking program aside from the pretty good one built into my home phone. With ooma you can not only block numbers but names, or parts of names, wild cards and all. Its brilliant! If I dont recognize the number I dont answer. I give not one single fuck if I miss a call from someone not willing to speak into the machine so that I can screen. I get robocalls from collectors and other entities that are looking for folks I have never heard of. They dont stop. Even if they bounce numbers the name, or parts, are blocked. My phone is very quite outside of friends and family. Its here at work I deal with scammers quite often. The Ooma with all the options is $15/mo. So, not only can a guy save $25-40/mo on a traditional landline but the tranquility is blissful. My .02. Im going to highly recomend looking into this for folks that get badgered a lot. I live outside cell coverage so need landline.

Some dude called me at a bad time the other day...."Hello, Heidi?" he says in this disgustingly cheerful voice....."Do I sound like a fuckin' Heidi?" I replied and hung up!

I still smile when I think about that! :rofl_200:

Some dude called me at a bad time the other day...."Hello, Heidi?" he says in this disgustingly cheerful voice....."Do I sound like a fuckin' Heidi?" I replied and hung up!

I still smile when I think about that! :rofl_200:
:clapping: I don't have a land line(other than my work number) and even though I have the "Do Not Call" on my cell I still get 2-3 calls a week. I have to watch the numbers that are calling since they use the local exchanges now to try to fool you into answering. I tried reporting to the DNC registry but it did not help, blocking number seem to only slow them down for a little bit so I just don't answer anymore and they normally do not leave a message. Most people I know do the same thing that know to leave a message except for my older brother who can't quite understand why I do it. :ummm: I've warned him that they may be scammers but he'll talk to them anyways but he is so cheap they'll never get him to give up any info.:biglaugh: He also thinks that since I have a cell that I should answer everytime he calls and get a little snippy when it goes to VM. :confused2:

Back