Clutch slipping?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radley

Reaction score
Aside from all the other issues with my Vmax.... here is a copy/pasted correspondence with some peeps form FB post in regards to Vboost,,,, but has to do with my clutch probably..

----------------------------

Vlad Olson read my mind, got an issue, one of several with my 85. let me ask you gurus this...if the Vboost isn't working, and I know it isn't, what happens when you aggressively roll into/thru the 6K rpm mark?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/607...1610656395611689&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}
Edit

Rod Reagan nothing if it is not working as the butterflys in the tubes are not opening

Vlad Olson Right, well when I hit 6K, the rate of acceleration goes way down and the rpm needle revs up in towards 8.5-9K. it's like the engine should still be accelerating like it did 2-5K but it doesn't, the bike doesn't continue that rate of acceleration, so that's why I ask, would it be normal Vboost operation if Vboost was working or is there something else wrong with my bike..?

Stanley Chopper Coar Vlad Olson if the rate of acceleration drops but the rpm climbs faster, usually it's the clutch slipping.
LikeShow more reactions

Vlad Olson Stanley Chopper Coar ok so i got a slipping clutch...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, clutch is slipping too now....... seems like it is probably it.

sound like it to you guys?

ok so I don't see a write-up clutch replacement in this forum link... has anyone covered this? new topic dont know where to start. what parts need replacing, nothing... only watched a couple vids on different bikes on youtube.

There's a really good write up on the venture riders forum for the venture royale with pictures and instructions.

Haven't done the clutch on my VMAX yet should be pretty similar. Anyone with more experience able to verify?

The DD mod is the ultimate no slip set up. But some don't like the heavy lever pull. the full sized disk replacing the 1/2 disk is something I'd advise. Then, at least a firmer than stock diaphragm spring or Barnett spring set up. If you go to the double diaphragm, get a well used second one. The lever won't be as stiff. Our, and most bikes have slippage designed into them to protect the drive train. The OEM fiber disk last a long time under normal riding. I've taken my own apart, mic'd the disk, and just cleaned the steels. Put it back together and the clutch was like new again.

wow thanks guys,
gonna be a bit before i get to doing this, so shopping around a bit right now....

these kits gonna work for this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

plus
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-clutch-...ash=item35e42ebb50:g:8usAAOSwfVpYvCMy&vxp=mtr

The first one will work, the second one wont. You can reuse the steel disks (inbetween the fiber disks) you just have to scuff them up, or get with Sean and he can swap you out a set of steels that have been bead blasted. In the link that I posted, there are pics that will show you everything that you need.

Latest posts

Back