Miles Till Reserve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trondyne

Reaction score
Well, I didn't see a thread on mileage so I thought I'd share mine here and see what's horrible or great ...

Just got this bike and I had a chance to get some mileage numbers, I seem to be getting around 70 miles until I need to go to Reserve....

I haven't seen that many posts on miles but I think this is low for city/highway local driving?

What does everyone get around here?

Straight highway riding I have gotten up to 110 miles before the reserve light came on BUT when riding hard around town it has come on as low as 75-80 miles.

I'm consistently between 80-90 on the two bikes with spirited city riding and both bikes are running a bit rich.

About 100 miles or thereabouts and I'm looking for gas. Not out yet, but getting there.

I can get to 115 before hitting reserve and have went to 140 after turning on reserve.But that is driving conservatively and not touching the vboost.

About 120 for me in normal riding condition. If I'm having a bit of fun, the about 100. I normally keep my tank full so I don't see the reserve light often.

I get about 185 to 190 per tank, but then again thanks to Sean I have a 5 gal tank that I have been able to squeeze 5.2 U.S. gallons into! :punk:

After filling up, zeroing out the trip meter AND consciously thinking about it, till next fill up, I'll ride in lowest RPM gear to get me where I need to go. I've gotten, (best so far), 147 miles before light came on. On those days when I'm feeling a bit silly, 75-80 before light. Worst ever, stop and go traffic, no faster than 7 MPH, thru Manhattan, 45 miles before light.

I used to get about 110 before the reserve light came on. I'm getting about 85 now. No real change in my riding, so something is up with mine right now.

I used to get about 110 before the reserve light came on. I'm getting about 85 now. No real change in my riding, so something is up with mine right now.

I'd be interested to hear what if anything you find is out of tune ....

Mine is only getting 70 so I'm guessing the carbs need to be serviced...and I don't think v-boost is running...

Usually 120+ before the light comes on.... that is with a tune. With it being completely stock 90-100 before the light comes on.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Usually 120+ before the light comes on.... that is with a tune. With it being completely stock 90-100 before the light comes on.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yup! just went on a ride Sunday and hit 99 miles pulling into the driveway and the light didn't come on yet.
Wasn't freeway riding tho.

I'm now up to 68-70 miles before the light comes on, but I ride aggressively and redline it a lot.

Generally, I fill up when the trip-meter shows 115 or 120 miles. When filling up it'll take around 3.6 to 3.8 gallons......
That's getting down to the last drop. How much do the tanks hold?

My light seems to come on between 90-110 it's only came on 5 times I think. I have a station with clear gas right next to the house so it's usually the first or last stop on any rides so usually stays topped off.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back