V boost controler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drum Dog

Reaction score
I just bought a 1988 and the controller for the V boost does not work. :bang head:
Anyone know where I can get one?
I would like a new OEM, ARE THERE ANY?
Is there a aftermarket part I could use ?
There are some OEM ones used on Ebay but how do I know there any good?

Thanks

Thanks, I may have found one but if it doesn't work I will email him.

I hot An aftermarket one. It is programmable so u can deside when the boost Comes in. Fits in the original housing can the connectors are plug and play

I hot An aftermarket one. It is programmable so u can deside when the boost Comes in. Fits in the original housing can the connectors are plug and play

I hot? I googled it and found nothing related?

I'm guess it's just a spelling error or auto correct from his phone.

By the way, here I am (Sean). You may be able to fix yours by peeling back the covering on the board and remelting the solder on the wires where they are in the board. If that doesn't work I do have a few of them on hand.

Attachments

• Vboost Components.jpg
    Vboost Components.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 50

By the way, here I am (Sean). You may be able to fix yours by peeling back the covering on the board and remelting the solder on the wires where they are in the board. If that doesn't work I do have a few of them on hand.

Wow yes you do have some. I will give the re solder trick a try. I have a retired friend who used To design PC boards and he is going to look it over. I did order one off of ebay and it is installed and working great. Being new here and still learning I will give you a shout out next time.
I am surprised no one makes a aftermarket one.
Thanks for the response.

Wow yes you do have some. I will give the re solder trick a try. I have a retired friend who used To design PC boards and he is going to look it over. I did order one off of ebay and it is installed and working great. Being new here and still learning I will give you a shout out next time.
I am surprised no one makes a aftermarket one.
Thanks for the response.

An option is the Ignatech ignition module. It has the option of controlling the V-boost. It's cheaper than a new v-boost controller. And you have many programmable features.

I do have an aftermarket option to allow for user adjustments (via dip switches) and am considering ordering in another batch of the ignitech units which control it directly from it (it's a CDI box with custom programmable options).

So an ignitech unit cancels the boost controller. It will be the cdi unit and vboost controller in one? What will one cost for a 86 Vmax.

That is correct. Looking at $350-$400 depending on current pricing when I get it all here.

+1. It's worked me before.

Latest posts

Back