Shotgun.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I have been dealing with some low speed misfiring, and a bit of popping out the right pipe at idle. Did shotgun twice, all diaphragms look good.. When removing the pilot mixture screws, I simply could not get the little washer and Oring out of a couple of the carbs. I have no idea if the orings simply fell apart, and came out, or where they are.. These screws haven't been out in literally 15 years or more. I'm assuming they seal off the mixture screws to prohibit extra air from being drawn in the circuits. My solution, at least till I get around to tearing the carbs apart, would be to block off the access point where you insert the screwdriver to adjust the screws. I'd look for some tight fitting rubber plugs and pop them in there, or just a dab of silicone seal over the holes. Easily removed.

As of now, the bike runs real strong, Vboost still hits like a hammer to the head, and there is very little popping on decel. ( the Delkevics needed to be tightened, all the clamps were a bit loose ). At the tiniest bit of throttle, I think I feel a bit of roughness. Problem with a Vmax is, you only need a teeny bit of throttle to cruise at 30 to 40 mph. It's not a big deal, the bike would be reliable for a ride to California, in my opinion. I've got about 600 miles on it this season so far, and the 2x shotguns, along with liberal doses of Seafoam and Lucas fuel injector cleaner, seem to have helped a lot. At least it's not backfiring out the pipes any more..

Drained bowls, no crud. Fuel filter looks clean.. No visible rust in tank.. Carbs well synched, 1200 rpm idle is steady, no hunting up and down.

Anyone got any ideas?

Latest posts

Back