Case Guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get the factory case guards from?

I can't speak for where to buy cheaply. I do have another question tho:

Has anybody tried or even seen the black-in-color guards that Dale Walker has at his website? Holeshot.com. I am trying to expand on the midnight theme that Yamaha started with the '06 Max. Many pieces that are silver (tach housing, etc) before are black on the '06.

By the looks of the Holeshot ones, I'm not sure they are as sturdy....

I believe that the Holeshot ones are powder coated. I assume that makes them a little tougher to wear (as highway pegs) than paint (?)... Dale is a frequent poster on my FZ1 site. Maybe I oughta just PM him or call out there and talk to him. He seems to be a pretty straight shooter...

Redux said:
I believe that the Holeshot ones are powder coated. I assume that makes them a little tougher to wear (as highway pegs) than paint (?)... Dale is a frequent poster on my FZ1 site. Maybe I oughta just PM him or call out there and talk to him. He seems to be a pretty straight shooter...

I know some places can do black chrome, have you looked into that? Black chrome looks pretty wild.

I agree! Very nice. Any idea how much "sick" would cost? I suppose I could just buy the guards off ebay and then do the black chrome thing. It would be pretty uncommon! :D

Redux said:
I agree! Very nice. Any idea how much "sick" would cost? I suppose I could just buy the guards off ebay and then do the black chrome thing. It would be pretty uncommon! :D

I think it is the same cost of regular chrome. A quick look on Google shows that it is fairly common with most chrome places.

I see them on Ebay pretty regularly. I think there is a pair on there now. I got mine there for around $90 new. John W Black98Vmax VMOA #1140

The Yamaha ones are shite, they rust like fuck man.

Get some Moko ones their the dogs bollocks and look well hard

LAMBCHOPS said:
The Yamaha ones are shite, they rust like fuck man.

Get some Moko ones their the dogs bollocks and look well hard

Where do you get them from?

Black98Vmax said:
I see them on Ebay pretty regularly. I think there is a pair on there now. I got mine there for around $90 new. John W Black98Vmax VMOA #1140

What are you searching for on ebay to find them?

Since what I am lookin for is somewhat similar, I figured I would put my question into this thread. Can anyone tell me where to get a forward mounted set of foot pegs. I have seen the holeshot and Yamaha factory case guards, which could double as a foot peg, but all I can find is case guards that you have to clamp the foot pegs on to.

Help is would be appreciated.

Scott

"Vmax" under Ebay motors. I haven't had any trouble with 'em either... I see them pretty regular on the 'bay. I bought some Sweet HIghway pegs off of Denniskirk.com & bolted right up. You can vary the search such as V-max or V max, or run it together.

Redux said:
I agree! Very nice. Any idea how much "sick" would cost? I suppose I could just buy the guards off ebay and then do the black chrome thing. It would be pretty uncommon!

"sick" is usaually about a 10% mark up over "cool":D

Must say, Im not a huge fan of them. But then again I dont even like highway pegs

Back