tyre(tire)sealant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerousdave

Reaction score
Hi Guys,any feedback on tyre(tire) sealant .Am considering using it.Will it upset the balance of the wheels?
How long does it stay fluid?
Do I use it or not ?
Do the pressures remain the same?
Comments welcome please.
Cheers Dave(DD)

You never go far enough away from Horsham to warrant it.:scooter0: :scooter0:

dangerousdave said:
Hi Guys,any feedback on tyre(tire) sealant .Am considering using it.Will it upset the balance of the wheels?
How long does it stay fluid?
Do I use it or not ?
Do the pressures remain the same?
Comments welcome please.
Cheers Dave(DD)

Why not use tire plug, the sealant is kinda messy
________
Mazda H platform picture

Last edited:
Firefly,

Have you used this tire plug yourself?

Have you had any experience of a puncture with it?

LAMBCHOPS said:
Firefly,

Have you used this tire plug yourself?

Have you had any experience of a puncture with it?

Yes I have used it, after putting on a rear metzler 880, 200 miles and the tire picked up a nail in the middle of the tread, :ranting2: the thing is brand new so I used a tire plug and put 2k in this tire before I changed to radials. the plug held up very good with no air leaks at all.
________
headshops

Last edited:
Thank you for your prombt reply Squire, but I think we are on different wave lengths, not singing from the same page, got our wires crossed and barking up the wrong tree.

This tyre plug item that refer to; does one squirt it into one's tyre to prevent the tyre deflating if one's tyre is penatrated by a sharp object or is it a repair that's carried out after one gets a puncture?

McNumpty said:
You never go far enough away from Horsham to warrant it.:scooter0: :scooter0:
Mr Mcnumpty,how can you say that I`m not well travelled.I am here in the good'ole town of Salem in the USofA arranging a public execution for Dr 'Lambchumps'by burning pyre, and suitably basted,who caused great dissatisfaction to USA 'MEMBER' G man.
G man a humourless person,also caused dissatisfaction to Dr 'Lambchumps'by publicly rebuking him for using said forum in an ungentlemany manner.Both persons will be punished accordingly.One (Dr 'Lambchumps'by fire
And G man by eating Dr'Lambchumps remains (with a little mint sauce if required)
This way,the hearing believes, that both will have eaten their respective words
As it is written,so let it be done!!

I've used the tire sealants that you spray out of a can into the tire. At one time I had 3 nails in my back tire with about 2 or 3 cans of sealant. I was also doing top end runs on the bike with this set up and never had an air leak. Mind you I wouldn't do it again, I'd just buy a new tire, but at the time I had no issue with it.

dangerousdave said:
Mr Mcnumpty,how can you say that I`m not well travelled.I am here in the good'ole town of Salem in the USofA arranging a public execution for Dr 'Lambchumps'by burning pyre, and suitably basted,who caused great dissatisfaction to USA 'MEMBER' G man.
G man a humourless person,also caused dissatisfaction to Dr 'Lambchumps'by publicly rebuking him for using said forum in an ungentlemany manner.Both persons will be punished accordingly.One (Dr 'Lambchumps'by fire
And G man by eating Dr'Lambchumps remains (with a little mint sauce if required)
This way,the hearing believes, that both will have eaten their respective words
As it is written,so let it be done!!

How come you was in Bognor the other day then? I seem to remember you moanin' about all the old codgers and cafe's. Or are you not the real Dangerous Dave? Maybe an American Clone? Gord help us Guv'

McNumpty said:
How come you was in Bognor the other day then? I seem to remember you moanin' about all the old codgers and cafe's. Or are you not the real Dangerous Dave? Maybe an American Clone? Gord help us Guv'
Sorry,but i am the `one and only`DDLR !! Thought I'd put the cat amongst the pigeons!!!

Latest posts

Back