Mark's exhaust can be quiet, sorta.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry barker

Reaction score
Since I was building a lite weight Vmax, the stock exhaust would never do, I needed that 30 pound weight loss. But I also wanted a quiet bike! (Call me old if you must, but i have always liked quiet machines) When I make a run I don't want anyone to know it was me.
When discussing the exhaust build with Mark I really pressed him to build a quiet exhaust system for me and he finally suggested a baffle that he had installed a few times for other customers wanting a quiet bike. The results are incredible, if not still to loud for me, but acceptable. I have taken 2 - 2000 mile trips on the Verminator with little discomfort from excessive noise. Just an option I wanted to suggest for all those thinking about upgrading their exhaust.

Im also interested. I have the small hole Kerker 4-2-1 and it sounds awesome but quieting it down a bit would be nice if it doesnt pinch performance much. Would love to see a vid.

I can post a video, but do not have a DB meter. Give me a couple of days, we are empty for a few days next week, I'll add that to my winter task list.
I use one on my phone. You'd need another phone to take the video, but I use rta analyzer (free) and "audio tool" quite frequently with good results. No rush, obviously. Just fun stuff to fiddle with.

Man the sound quality is fantastic. I love the sound of marks pipes either way. They're just so deep and rumbly. That victory sounds a lot louder than I thought it would with stock pipes.

Latest posts

Back