Went riding with a friend.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say that its a damn good thing that I didnt get one in 85 when I was 17.

Excellent point..

My buddies and I used to fool around with little mopeds and 250 sized bikes.
I fell in love with the V-Max by just sitting on one, at the age of 19, in the MC store that my buddies and I frequently visited.
We all dreamed of hitting the lotto, walking in there, slap the money down, and ride out with new bikes.

They had a 87 sitting in the Used Bikes area.
That V-Max was the baddest looking MF'er in the store.
At the time, they wanted 3,500 for it. At age 19, $3,500 was like $2 million.. lol
Ever since that day, I wanted a V-Max.

Thank GOD it didn't happen till I was much more mature, and able to afford one.
If I was able to raise that kind of cash at that time, (and judging by the way we used to bug-out with the little bikes we did have), I would not be here telling this story today. :eusa_dance:

Funny you say that, I'm 17. :biglaugh:

It's all in the wrist.... haha
At 17 I had ~3 years of riding exp. My wrist was just an on/off switch, but mostly on. I was completely invincible and just didnt give a shit. After a few beers and/or a bong rip nothing was more hallarious than grabbing air in anything from moms work truck to my CB350. I never stopped dancing on the minefield or pushing the envelope in all areas of life, never shifted before redline and never failed to dump the clutch at a stop light. I never touched a helmet until my late 20s. Dont know why I'm still alive, but im pretty sure one major factor is that I never was able to get my hands on that Vmax I laid awake at night thinking about for so long. Now as an almost 50yo non-drinking professional the Vmax stirs something long since suppressed, but I can temper it today. Even the more powerful modern bikes dont stir me like Maxine. I sure hope that 17yo you has more sense and restraint than 17yo me, no doubt the chances of that are pretty damn good haha!

How about a 1st Gen Bandit 1200??I have a 96 9 sec bike that will go anywhere anytime and still hit 160 mph. Mostly stock :biglaugh:

How about a 1st Gen Bandit 1200??I have a 96 9 sec bike that will go anywhere anytime and still hit 160 mph. Mostly stock :biglaugh:

My buddy has one, his is slightly modified. Pretty fast... rides real nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in my college and early post college years the Bandit, ZRX1200 and the VMax were my unholy trinity of bad idea dream hooligan bikes while I kept my 77 gs750 on the road. (I guess I had a thing for 1200s without realizing it. To date the only one I have owned is the Max. I still wouldn't turn my nose up at a clean ZRX or Early Bandit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back