OEM backrest pad...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OEM backrest pad is the same off of another yamaha product?

OR

Does anyone have just a pad (doubt it) they'd be willing to sell?

i see some stuff on ebay but not sure of part # ya know. i may just ask for bolt pattern from seller though. figured i'd ask to see if anyone knew for sure.

See if Sean can make you one.

yea i called him and left him a message, waiting for him to get back to me on it. if i'm just gonna sell the backrest tho not sure how much i'm gonna put into a pad ya know?

quick question. is the back reflector piece the same for the sissybar vs the oem grabrail?

just curious for when i sell the backrest if i can advertise their existing grabrail piece will bolt right in. sounds like i'm in business then.

I actually had to dremel the backrest brackets to get the reflector plate to fit but it was one of the last backrests to be made before they discontinued them and the castings were shit!! Think the QC guys were on vacation somewhere cause they sure weren't in the backrest factory!

Anyhow, you should be OK with saying that Garrett.

I actually had to dremel the backrest brackets to get the reflector plate to fit but it was one of the last backrests to be made before they discontinued them and the castings were shit!! Think the QC guys were on vacation somewhere cause they sure weren't in the backrest factory!

Anyhow, you should be OK with saying that Garrett.

+1 to that. I had similar issues. I only had to remove one tab and then it fit. .

The backrest pad from the Virago lineup are the same as a VMAX, as are the TALL hoops...

(the short early Virago hoops, that don't have a place for a pad, can also be made to fit a MAX, with a bit of grinding on the tips...Look neat, and give an option when not carrying a passenger)

Hope this helps.

John
RMSportMax.com
610-509-VMAX(8629)

i actually did find that out, thanks John, but finding just a pad off a virago is just as tough. May have found an aftermarket thats OEM spec.

can someone who has an oem backrest give me the dimensions of the pad?

7 inches tall

6 1/4 inches wide across the bottom tapering to 5 1/4 inches across at the top.....the backer board is 6 tapering to 5......

1 1/2 inches thick

Roughly.....hard to measure upholstery...and probably metric...:confused2:

Garret, what did I tell you? come look at mine and we'll make one I have everything.the pad the sissy bar and to tools to make one for you.I even have foam you can shape to fit just need a cover,and i have one of those for a pattern!

i know man, but $5 pad is a $5 pad, it'd cost me 4x that to drive out there at least! i'll see how thsi works out. if it doesn't it was only $5.

Latest posts

Back