axle side mount license bracket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I am looking for an axle mount license bracket. That the plate will be mounted vertically. Does anyone have one if so where did you get it and how do you like it? :ummm: Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks Gannon

I am looking for an axle mount license bracket. That the plate will be mounted vertically. Does anyone have one if so where did you get it and how do you like it? :ummm: Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks Gannon
If your looking for something simple these are on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b9e12eb6 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6688b4d If you want something a little fancier with a light etc I can get them thru Parts unlimited,drag specialties ,custom chrome or Tucker Rocky.

Motoboutique had one but i don't know if hes still around..I've got one made by Badlands but I had to custom make a bracket to hold it (and its pretty old now)

Check out the Kury one too Gannon, I've got one on hand around here somewhere.

Sean

I have a hotrod chassis shop and use a CNC plasma table for all my brackets, tabs and complex cutting. I made a side mount plate bracket for a friend's Harley the other day that looks pretty sharp. No light mount. Simple, clean, understated. He didn't want billet aluminum or chrome. His original plan was to use lighted bolts, but now we are going to use a wafer LED tucked under the rear frame that shines down from above. No wires to the swing-arm.

So, if I were to make up something similar for the Gen 1 Vmax, would there be any interest around here? I could probably price them at about $90, shipped, in black powdercoat. Perhaps $75 in raw steel. Any takers? If enough interest could prototype on my bike and share pics.

Yes, but wouldn't be a good style match for my bike. Just wondering if anyone is interested in something that would be less about the mount, more about blending in.

If your looking for something simple and unobtrusive you might try what I did.
I ran it before the cycle one off item.

Couldn't see anything but the plate.

1-1/2" or 1-1/4" aluminum angle from Lowe's cut to the length of the plate. Drilled a hole the diameter of the rear axle. Bolted under the left side axle nut. Pretty clean and simple.

Who wants to make me the one that goes all the way back and wraps around the rear wheel like on the BMW gs, and diavel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

One of the overseas customers makes a mud guard like that for the Vmax already.

Deleted so I can figure out how to follow that link... Apparently I can't see Stephen's Facebook.

I have a hotrod chassis shop and use a CNC plasma table for all my brackets, tabs and complex cutting. I made a side mount plate bracket for a friend's Harley the other day that looks pretty sharp. No light mount. Simple, clean, understated. He didn't want billet aluminum or chrome. His original plan was to use lighted bolts, but now we are going to use a wafer LED tucked under the rear frame that shines down from above. No wires to the swing-arm.

So, if I were to make up something similar for the Gen 1 Vmax, would there be any interest around here? I could probably price them at about $90, shipped, in black powdercoat. Perhaps $75 in raw steel. Any takers? If enough interest could prototype on my bike and share pics.

Sounds like a plan... Doesn't hurt to give a Brother a shot at creating something...

Count me in.

KarmaMaxx

I would be interested.

Zombie post! Resurrected from the dead. I have a raw vertical one with no lighting provision or a horizontal one powder coated gloss black with the horizontal diamond LED light that is running, brake and license plate lights.
$25 for the raw one, $75 for the finished on.
I believe both are billet aluminum.

New powder coated one. Comes with a insert for the proper axle diameter. Will post a pic of the raw one later.

danuqehy.jpg
gede7ase.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I'll putbone together for my bike and share pics. I have photos of the one I did for sporsters that I can post later.

Back