v-boost servo motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedcostsmoney

Reaction score
stage 7 with enabled v-boost , YAMAHA FACTORY SETTING v-boost cable on slot no 1, this way the v-boost works in perfect harmony with the stage 7 on the vmax, WOT IS BACK

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 114
61 visits , no comments , u guys shy or what , by the way works great with all the little tricks got from VMAXFORUM . well maybe not all but some, so just wanted to share this little trick cya

i'm not sure i followed what you did here?

putting the v-boost cable on slot # 1 the v-boost butterfly valve stays open about 1/8 of an inch , this way the air gas mix flows constantly, so when the v-boost opens the max does not lose it's inertia, running slot # 2 ( stock yamaha position for v-boost cable on server motor ) with stage 7 when v-boost opens u lose your inretia at 6000 rpm then at 7000rpm the v-boost kicks in like a bat out of hell u better be holding on tight to the handlebars, so on slot # 2 its feels almost like stock, but since the v-boost is a little open u get a little less of kick in the pants than stock v-boost, WAY BETTER set-up than using dyno-jet v-boost sleeeves on stage 7 u lose WOT with dyno-jet sleeves it sucks NO MORE TOP-END POWER ON THE MAX

You have 2 issues there. You are going to strip the cable and ultimately seize it. The second one is that you will be forcing the servo on the totally open setting. This is you are starting with a partial open butterfly but the servo thinks its closed, when it starts to open the butterfly will go to full open before the servo range goes to full pull as well, so the initial cable throw corresponding to the partial open position will be forcing the servo in the end range because the butterflies will be totally opened and the servo will try to open them even further and that may cause you problems with the servo and the linkage... Just a side note for your evaluation...

If you want to have the butterflies partially opened just fiddle with the adjusting screw on the butterflies mounting bracket. I'd register its actual position first before messing with it though...

If you still want to press with it and in order to protect the cable from strippping why don't you shorten the cable? You know the general electric wire connectors? Get one and remove the inner part and do a adjustable crimp like the one below... Or get the real deal. Any bike shop has it...

img_187123629_1313597729_med.jpg

scaled.php

1883-2607-large.jpg

not sure this will happen since slot # 1 was made by yamaha , i think they put it there for stage 7 but did not tell anyone about it , but u have brought up a good point about the servo motor traveling open close gonna check this out

Slot number 2 is for the servo to turn on the opposite direction. Im almost sure that servo/bracket is used on other bikes and if so they may need it to turn on the opposite direction (reversed polarity). In that case the cable comes from above in a symmetrical way to what you've showed

not sure this will happen since slot # 1 was made by yamaha , i think they put it there for stage 7 but did not tell anyone about it , but u have brought up a good point about the servo motor traveling open close gonna check this out

i highly doubt they put it in for an aftermarket accessory.

Picture attached of an EXUP exhaust servo on the right from an R1, exact same cable configuration as the VBoost servo motor on the left.

These servos were multi-tasked for different applications.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 68
Does the first picture show the stock mounting position for the servo motor? I'm trying to put v-boost back on a bike that had it removed and I'm a Vmax noob :) Sorry for the hijack.

Joe

These may help you. They are showing vboost on my Venture.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01868.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC02314.JPG
    DSC02314.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC02315.JPG
    DSC02315.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02312.jpg