Awesome job Dannymax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskokaman

Reaction score
Just got my carbs back from Dannymax, they were like new when I opened up the box. I installed and syncronized them, and what a difference this makes!
way more power.
Danny kept me well informed as to progress and what he found in my carbs,
he was also happy to answer any questions I had.
Thanks Danny, awesome job.

Muskokaman.

He's nothing if not thorough!!..............great workmanship........ok...he promised me $5 if I said that.........I'll see it at ROR12? Right Danny??

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Just got my carbs back from Dannymax, they were like new when I opened up the box. I installed and syncronized them, and what a difference this makes!
way more power.

Muskokaman.

Thanks for the kind words Muskokaman, I'm happy that you're pleased with them! :worthy:

way more power.

Muskokaman.

ive seen the surgical room at BRC, bit of a mad scientist that guy but sure does good work......:punk:

Just got my carbs back from Danny too and I couldn't be happier.
Didn't get a chance to ride it yet but it purrs like a kitten now with the stock pipes on :thumbs up:

Thanks Dan-o

bill is that for you new bike ????

Ya for the 05.
when I would start it from a cold start, it would run really rough.
The rpm's would jump back and forth , and it would pop & sputter.

man what a difference since Danny worked his magic...

I, too, sent my carbs on my 20th anniversary to Danny last week. The bike ran a little rough coming off throttle, but I was able to drive it. It sounded a bit different from videos of other Maxes online, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Months after I initially told Danny I wanted to send mine, I was finally able to afford it.

W. O. W. ! ! ! !

I haven't had the chance to fully sync the bike, but it fired up very quickly after I primed the carbs and opened the choke slightly. Immediately, I could hear a difference in the tone of the bike, as well as how smooth it sounded. I let it warm up, and took it out for a quick romp.

Coming on throttle from a stop actually startled me due to how much faster and smoother the bike reacted. Low end: check. I got out on the road and opened her up. I don't know if it's the clutch or just the need to finish the sync, but when I first nailed the throttle, the RPMs raised faster than normal without as much acceleration as I normally feel. Once I hit about 5000 RPMs, the bike pulled like crazy. Definitely faster than before! I think that once I can feel the power through the entire band, I'm going to be mildly scared of the bike again. LOL.

I definitely want to thank Danny for his meticulous work. After he rebuilt everything, he sent me a video of his bike to demonstrate how my carbs were doing. Awesome! He sent me the parts he replaced in a separate baggie. He packed the carbs very well. As an added bonus, he supplied me with some very high quality bubble wrap to play with. ;)

Thank you, Danny, for keeping me informed, as well as for your great work! I highly recommend him if you need your carbs worked on!

Reese LeBlanc

Yup , I got mine back last week , haven't put them on yet , partly because I've been in shock. they look NEW they weren't really "dirty" on the outside , or so I thought until I got them back , I couldn't believe how good they looked , the freaken choke lever looks like NOS (new old stock) piece , I don't know when I'll get them back on but I KNOW that when I do if the bike doesn't run(haven't heard it run yet)it wont be because of carb issues

Yup , I got mine back last week , haven't put them on yet , partly because I've been in shock. they look NEW they weren't really "dirty" on the outside , or so I thought until I got them back , I couldn't believe how good they looked , the freaken choke lever looks like NOS (new old stock) piece , I don't know when I'll get them back on but I KNOW that when I do if the bike doesn't run(haven't heard it run yet)it wont be because of carb issues

Haha....thanks Rick! Guess I do get a little anal with the choke stuff. :biglaugh:

It just came to my mind. Danny needs to host a "Tech Day" although my mind thinks he'll be asses and elbows rebuilding carbs the whole time!
Actually, he could let guys work on there own carbs and just be the eyes of wisdom! How bout it Danny?

It just came to my mind. Danny needs to host a "Tech Day" although my mind thinks he'll be asses and elbows rebuilding carbs the whole time!
Actually, he could let guys work on there own carbs and just be the eyes of wisdom! How bout it Danny?

That sounds like fun Patrick but it would have to be more like a "Tech Week" as it takes me 4 - 6 days to do a set of carbs from beginning to end.

About all I could do in a day is get a lot of guys in a lot of trouble! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back