New helmet I pick up what you think

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I pick up a new helmet. Gmax model GM67 XL they run small buy the next size up. I have 4 other helmets cost from $125 to $265.00, The Gmax gm67 cost ship was $63.33. All my other helmets are size large.

The gmax helmet has a lot nice features, 12 vents, retractable sun glass, sun visor witch comes off for the shield to be install, A jaw peace can be install to make it a full race helmet, Red lights can be install in the back of the helmet that works off of a remote to the brake light.

The XL fits a little tight but the padding should ware down with a few miles

I think it's the best bang for your money.

Every 1 shine in what you think.

Attachments

• vmax gmax helmet front up.JPG
    vmax gmax helmet front up.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 131
  • vmax gmax helmet top front.JPG
    vmax gmax helmet top front.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 128
  • vmax gmax helmet back lift.JPG
    vmax gmax helmet back lift.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 128
  • vmax gmax helmet back right.JPG
    vmax gmax helmet back right.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 109
  • vmax gmax helmet back.JPG
    vmax gmax helmet back.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 112
  • vmax gmax helmet chin peace..jpg
    vmax gmax helmet chin peace..jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 104
  • vmax gmax helmet back lights.jpg
    vmax gmax helmet back lights.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 72
  • vmax helmet specs GM67.jpg
    vmax helmet specs GM67.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 70
63.33 shipped is an amazing deal on a helmet. I am curious to see how it holds up over time when compared to a regularly priced helmet (HJC, Shoei, etc). After switching to a modular helmet I can't imagine using anything else at this point. It is similar to this one except instead of the chin piece being removable altogether you can open up the visor or the whole helmet to go from full face to 3/4.

You're going to love the built in shades. It so much nicer than try to shove a pair of sunglasses through the visor of the helmet plus you don't have to worry about dropping your sunglasses anymore!

I think I may look into one of these to keep up north when I only ride occasionally on a friend's bike, thanks for sharing!

A lot of helmet for the money!
But one thing - there is no mention of the removable chin piece in the literature, or on the video.
Mr. Jayco, did you receive the chin piece with the helmet, or did you order it separately?
I've tried full face and modular helmets - can't stand them. Noisy, hot and restrict vision too much. However, one with a completely removable chin section would be great for riding in the rain, and/or cold.
Cheers!

Th jaw peace do not come with the helmet. You have to buy it as a add on peace like the lights you can buy to. Now some places sale them all together but I for got the price on it. I like to have a extra open face helmet. There are a few youtube video on this helmet. The jaw peace go's for $15.23 to $24.00 So far I like more than my other's Man for the price I paid HJC helmet I could have bought 2 Gmax helmets. 4 of my friends check it out they like it to.

The removable chin peace I order it this morning. Good note Miles Long on the rain I did not think about that.

The modular helmets I have 1 and don't like it to. It's heavier and my wife will not put it on.

I took it for a test ride yesterday kinda hot out for about 20 miles seem to be a nice helmet so far.

I just went "Lid" shopping a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a lot of the newer helmets have that pop down visor inside. It think that is a nice added feature but wonder how much it might be compromising the crash protection of the helmet. After all it's thinner in the area that the visor mechanism slips up into.

That is a nice helmet you scored for the money. Thanks for sharing the info.

Thanks, Jagco, I'm going to check one of these helmets out.
I'm leaving...hopefully very early tomorrow morning....for Michigan and parts unknown along the way. Going thru the states, coming back via Canada. I'll see if I can find a dealer in the U.S., which will save me the hassle of ordering and paying duty charges.
Oh, and another reason why I don't like full-face helmets -
I think that I would be doing the public a great disservice, hiding such a beautiful face.
cheers!

That's a good price. I have a Shoie and HJC. Both comfortable, but too much wind noise. Does anyone make a helmet that has a reduced noise factor built it? The air seems to rush in from under the padding on the bottom, on the Shoie. It's irritating on long rides.

I had a friend that had the Scorpion and the helmet didnt hold up over time by breaking on two different helmets. I dont recollect what broke, but he swayed me away from their flip up. I liked the idea of how the Scorpion had the pump up to fit technology.

I ride with scorpion exo supposedly less wind ? $124 I rode open face till I hit rain F that . Scorpion has good air circulation ,anti fog and drop down sun shield .

Out of curiosity how long should helmets last ?

Not sure on the newer helmet compositions but 4 - 5 years used to be the industry standard. Of course, that depends on how much sunlight (UV degradation) it sees and also dropping it is grave cause for concern. My old Shoei GRV got thumped when my Max fell on it after getting knocked over by a careless car driver and I didn't hesitate to replace it.

Chris.

Not sure on the newer helmet compositions but 4 - 5 years used to be the industry standard. Of course, that depends on how much sunlight (UV degradation) it sees and also dropping it is grave cause for concern. My old Shoei GRV got thumped when my Max fell on it after getting knocked over by a careless car driver and I didn't hesitate to replace it.

Chris.

As far as dropping a helment, Ive always been told "one and done", one drop...even off of a table...etc...time to replace it.

I had a friend that had the Scorpion and the helmet didnt hold up over time by breaking on two different helmets. I dont recollect what broke, but he swayed me away from their flip up. I liked the idea of how the Scorpion had the pump up to fit technology.

Ive had a Scorpion for almost 2 years...I'm curious now to see what broke.

Guy's I took the new helmet for about 55 mile ride, I can feel a little air going across the top of my head. The helmet feels real good wind sound is just about the same on my other helmets The vents help - it's hot today. At 95 miles in hour my head did not dance race around like on my other helmets. Sun visor works well no problem with my eye glasses.

I order the cell phone charger that came in today. Going to run it to my trickle charger plug. I use my cell for GPS.

Attachments

• P1030423.JPG
    P1030423.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030425.JPG
    P1030425.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 25
Thanks, Jagco, I'm going to check one of these helmets out.
I'm leaving...hopefully very early tomorrow morning....for Michigan and parts unknown along the way. Going thru the states, coming back via Canada. I'll see if I can find a dealer in the U.S., which will save me the hassle of ordering and paying duty charges.
Oh, and another reason why I don't like full-face helmets -
I think that I would be doing the public a great disservice, hiding such a beautiful face.
cheers!

That's funny :ten_out_of_ten:

Thanks marsmax85 it's purplish blue a yamha color - Yamaha 0564 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic C (DPBMC)
SKU # : 5815
Vendor : ColorRite
Manufacturer : Yamaha
Manufacturer Code : 0564

Attachments

• P1010062.jpg
    P1010062.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 16
Very inexpensive for a helmet! A la carte pricing for a modular helmet, an interesting concept. Buy what you can afford I guess. As long as it passes the recognized standards, it's more-about fit & finish, appearance, features, durability (and I am not talking about 'how-many crashes will it last?'), and aesthetics.

I have had multiple modular helmets: Shoei, Shuberth (BMW), and Shark. I like the Shark Evoline Series II the best of all of them. It has fit and finish comparable to the Shoei, graphics are high-quality and durable, and the way the modular chinpiece fits to the rear of the helmet when open, preserving aerodynamics, makes it really the only viable option given this feature. All the others have a chinpiece which if ridden at speed (and that's 'anything over 40 mph') will make you feel like someone is torturing you, pulling your head backwards, which the wind is!
Here is a vendor w/the Series III model. http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/evoline-3-solids/shark-evoline-3-st-white

shark-evoline3-white-open_370x370.jpg

and closed:

shark-evoline3-white-zm_370x391.jpg

No, not a $63 shipped helmet, but the best helmet I have worn in 40+ years of street riding. I started out w/a lexan helmet when they were released, and graduated to a Bell RT, before acquiring the first Shoei helmet which used Kevlar, a full-face model, not all-Kevlar, just in strategic places. Then the Shuberth, then the Shoei modular, a couple Shoei full-face helmets, and now the Shark. Arais never fit me. And as I said, I like the Shark the best of all of them. I generally keep a first-line use helmet for five years before I get a replacement.

There has been a change in the distributor to a CA location awhile-ago, I haven't had to buy any replacement parts for it, so I don't know about availability. For me, it's quieter than the BMW or the Shoei I had, and the exterior/interior has held-up better than the others. I would buy another, and recommend it if you have the 4 for one, and are looking for these features. If you ever rode w/an open-chinbar modular, you know about the 'wind pulling your head-back' effect. The Shark's patented design eliminates that making it a truly viable helmet, or pair of helmets, if you consider it's both an open-faced and a fully-enclosed helmet, with none of the drawbacks of either. A removable washable liner, one-touch open/closed, Bluetooth capable (buy it separately), and I live in FL and find the ventilation excellent-just pop that chinbar open! Even closed I find the venting acceptable. It never fogs on me, something I couldn't say about my Shoeis.

Constructed from injected thermoplastic resin
"Auto-up" device for unlocking the visor and chin bar simultaneously
Improved aerodynamics, particularly in open face position
New quieter design and improved inside ventilation
Homologated twice for open face and full face
New comfortable padding with high-quality washable fabrics
Outside anti-scratch & inside anti-fog visor treatment
Integrated UV380 label & anti-scratch sun visor
Quick release visor system
Optimal comfort for the persons wearing glasses
Micro lock buckle system
Use the delicates or cold cycle and place inside a washing net
Planned location for SHARKTOOTH® bluetooth unit
DOT and ECE 22.05 certified

SHARKTOOTH BLUETOOTH FEATURES:
  • Sold Separately
  • Waterproof
  • Telecom: multipoint, voice control and voice dialing (of phones support)
  • Bike to bike intercom (500m)
  • Drive to passenger intercom
  • Incoming call alert
  • A2DP music streaming
  • Music remote control
  • Audio information from motorbike Bluetooth

Back