New helmet I pick up what you think

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how the chin piece goes to the back of the helm when disengaged. I have never seen that on any modular helmet before. I know with my HJC modular I only have it at 3/4 at low speeds (parking lots, neighborhoods, 35mph or <) since the added wind resistance it generates at higher speeds is quite annoying.

I have a LS2 helmet similar convertible in a jet type for city riding. Pretty cool except when speeding up when it becomes noisy even fully closed. Good for the money but I still prefer my old Shoei multitec.

The shark one looks pretty good :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Very inexpensive for a helmet! A la carte pricing for a modular helmet, an interesting concept. Buy what you can afford I guess. As long as it passes the recognized standards, it's more-about fit & finish, appearance, features, durability (and I am not talking about 'how-many crashes will it last?'), and aesthetics.

I have had multiple modular helmets: Shoei, Shuberth (BMW), and Shark. I like the Shark Evoline Series II the best of all of them. It has fit and finish comparable to the Shoei, graphics are high-quality and durable, and the way the modular chinpiece fits to the rear of the helmet when open, preserving aerodynamics, makes it really the only viable option given this feature. All the others have a chinpiece which if ridden at speed (and that's 'anything over 40 mph') will make you feel like someone is torturing you, pulling your head backwards, which the wind is!
Here is a vendor w/the Series III model. http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/evoline-3-solids/shark-evoline-3-st-white

shark-evoline3-white-open_370x370.jpg

and closed:

shark-evoline3-white-zm_370x391.jpg

No, not a $63 shipped helmet, but the best helmet I have worn in 40+ years of street riding. I started out w/a lexan helmet when they were released, and graduated to a Bell RT, before acquiring the first Shoei helmet which used Kevlar, a full-face model, not all-Kevlar, just in strategic places. Then the Shuberth, then the Shoei modular, a couple Shoei full-face helmets, and now the Shark. Arais never fit me. And as I said, I like the Shark the best of all of them. I generally keep a first-line use helmet for five years before I get a replacement.

There has been a change in the distributor to a CA location awhile-ago, I haven't had to buy any replacement parts for it, so I don't know about availability. For me, it's quieter than the BMW or the Shoei I had, and the exterior/interior has held-up better than the others. I would buy another, and recommend it if you have the 4 for one, and are looking for these features. If you ever rode w/an open-chinbar modular, you know about the 'wind pulling your head-back' effect. The Shark's patented design eliminates that making it a truly viable helmet, or pair of helmets, if you consider it's both an open-faced and a fully-enclosed helmet, with none of the drawbacks of either. A removable washable liner, one-touch open/closed, Bluetooth capable (buy it separately), and I live in FL and find the ventilation excellent-just pop that chinbar open! Even closed I find the venting acceptable. It never fogs on me, something I couldn't say about my Shoeis.

Constructed from injected thermoplastic resin
"Auto-up" device for unlocking the visor and chin bar simultaneously
Improved aerodynamics, particularly in open face position
New quieter design and improved inside ventilation
Homologated twice for open face and full face
New comfortable padding with high-quality washable fabrics
Outside anti-scratch & inside anti-fog visor treatment
Integrated UV380 label & anti-scratch sun visor
Quick release visor system
Optimal comfort for the persons wearing glasses
Micro lock buckle system
Use the delicates or cold cycle and place inside a washing net
Planned location for SHARKTOOTH® bluetooth unit
DOT and ECE 22.05 certified

SHARKTOOTH BLUETOOTH FEATURES:
  • Sold Separately
  • Waterproof
  • Telecom: multipoint, voice control and voice dialing (of phones support)
  • Bike to bike intercom (500m)
  • Drive to passenger intercom
  • Incoming call alert
  • A2DP music streaming
  • Music remote control
  • Audio information from motorbike Bluetooth

1 of my friends have your helmet. He side it's nice helmet but on long rides it gets heavy on his head - he said the helmet is almost 6 pounds. He went to a helmet HJC-L33 open face for a light helmet. He his 4 helmets all together the dealer ship recommend the shark helmet cost him $429.00. He said it's stay on the table only road with it about 8 times. He took a look at the Gmax helmet and order 1 in red. Yesterday. He said he wish he had shop around and tried on my helmets.

1 of my friends have your helmet. He side it's nice helmet but on long rides it gets heavy on his head - he said the helmet is almost 6 pounds. He went to a helmet HJC-L33 open face for a light helmet. He his 4 helmets all together the dealer ship recommend the shark helmet cost him $429.00. He said it's stay on the table only road with it about 8 times. He took a look at the Gmax helmet and order 1 in red. Yesterday. He said he wish he had shop around and tried on my helmets.

You get what you pay-for if you buy new. It's like a new car, a Hyundai Accent and an S-class Mercedes both get you to the country club, but the person who buys the S-class is buying more than transportation.

I had a friend give me a G-Maxx helmet, used only a few times, he didn't have a bike, so he gave it to me. I tried it a couple of times, and it was a good value for the cost, especially since I paid nothing for it. It didn't compare in any way to a premium helmet except they both passed the same standards. See the comparison to the Hyundai and the Mercedes? Some people would rather have a premium piece, and are willing to pay for the better fit, finish, build quality, and features.

As to the weight, I just weighed my Shark Evoline II ST, and it was 1816 grams. No, it's not light like a half-helmet, but the Series III is accepted as meeting standards in both the open and closed modes. Also, it doesn't make you look like some WW II oberfuhrer w/one of those high-peaked officer's hats, w/the chinpiece open. And, as I have an 18-1/2" neck (due-to secondary-school and college wrestling, and after-college open competitions, I finally stopped 4 years ago, and now an eligible for Social Security if I choose), the superior aerodynamics of the open Shark Evoline instantly relegate all other modular helmets to perpetual "runner-up" status, and I never experience any fatigue from its weight. From my weighing, your 'almost six lbs' estimate is 'way-off. If you wanna sell me some 24K gold, I'll take your weight estimating skills.:biglaugh:

Of-course, it comes down to 'willingness to pay,' and some people are limited as to what they will spend, while others are going to get into their $ to obtain a premium product. Isn't the free market grand?

In some cases you can buy lower price item and be just as good or better than a higher price item to. :clapping:

I think - I may can afford it if I choose to go that way but I like to shop for better pricing for my money... that's me....

Mercedes was never me, Give me a old hot rod to fix up now your talking But I do have 1986 944 turbo that modded up, and 1992 928 GTS.

The Gmax brand are getting some very good reviews. The most people find problems with it is order the right size online...

My friend Tony helmet - in his info the helmet pounds is 5.6 thats why he said almost 6 pounds it's a heavy helmet he could not see justi fairing the cost now
after his experience with it. This is just him saying this. He said I like to sale it but can't find no 1 to give him $300.00 for it. It's been on ebay few times.

For him the helmet is too heavy on long rides. He's 5.9 at 218 pounds. I'm going by what his experience with the helmet he said.

I just got back in town, I been on the road total miles 672 miles with the new helmet. With the added vents is a strong plus on hot days you can feel a little cool air blowing on top of my head. I had no problem with the helmet. I even drop the helmet of the roof of my brother's car man thought I may have crack it. Pull all the pads and check for stress cracks bends - everything check ok. We had home coming in Farmville VA this weekend.

At speeds 25 to 125 miles in hour not a lot of head shake like 2 of my other helmets.

I could not find anything wrong with the helmet. And I ran in too lot of Harley bikers 3 of them had a Gmax helmet modular type helmets. 1 of the guy's said he went down a car hit him from behind and he hit his head on the ground hard and the helmet did not crack saved him. And 2 of his friend switch to the same type of Gmax modular helmet he had the accident in.

Over all I gave this helmet 5 stars money save and the all the features it has -and the fit.

I order another 1 for my wife. 4 for my biker friends was able to get free shipping for 5 helmets.

I've used Gmax helmets for the past 5 years. I currently have 3 different models . The GM54s modular, GM68s full face and the GM17 open face. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about any of them. Living in the southwest, I cant get enough vents in my helmets!

Call me a cry-baby, folks...but if you go down on the highway with ANYTHING less than the latest SNELL rating, the odds are way up that you won't walk away from the accident.

My philosophy is that if the price of the helmet doesn't make me wanna piss my pants, I won't buy it.

Just my 2 cents.

Elimax

My philosophy is that if the price of the helmet doesn't make me wanna piss my pants, I won't buy it.

Elimax

lots of good snell helmets that you don't have to piss your pants over

Here is a good value for a Shark Evoline III:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shark-evoline-3-st-moovit-lumi-helmet
It's luminescent at night!

and here are some other Shark Evoline III colors: http://www.revzilla.com/shark-evoline
and some are on 25%-off sale.

To me, the rear-pivoting chinbar and the fact it's safety-organization approved for use in that position makes it far-more successful and useful than any other modular.

Seeing the Revzilla ad, I am gonna buy a liner, shield, & sunshade for my Evoline II.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
I buy shoei or scorpion because they fit my head and allow me to wear my glasses. The roof boxer was the first 180 flip helmet I wanted, but it's for round heads and wouldn't work for me. Fit trumps style for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I buy shoei or scorpion because they fit my head and allow me to wear my glasses. The roof boxer was the first 180 flip helmet I wanted, but it's for round heads and wouldn't work for me. Fit trumps style for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Yes, I can't wear an Arai. I can Shoeis though. The Shark I can wear w/o removing my glasses.

Hi guy's so far I put 2650 miles on this helmet. There is a little wind sound but not bad. The vents really work help's keep the top of my head cool on hot days. And on cold morning the shield did not fog up. Gmax gm67 XL blue is the 1 I bought. "O" me to I have eye glasses no problem with have them on and pulling them off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back