V boost control question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill pull the rack out and check my mains. The air jets - I couldnt read what was on them.

Im hoping the carbs willl be ok inside as my tank isnt rusty (yay real petrol!) and I didnt see any nastys from pulling the slides out.

The odd thing is two of the slides had a slight (very slight) damaged spot around where the hole where the slides would get drilled. I cant see why you would drill slides on a stage 1 tune and then only do two. Maybe I look too closely.

Also - can you shim stock needles with the 'tit' that locates in the slide? Do you use 3/4 washers or something? Dunno if I need to shim but I see its common with aftermarket needles.

The bike is now amusing to ride and thats important. I could ride a white 500cc Honda cruiser if I wanted manners all the time. Yawn, vomit.
I miss my Ducatis for personality but this thing is now like riding a 300kg version of my coonhound on a track - head down and Im going THAT WAY NOW! Hold on. And something might die haha
I like it.

Ill pull the rack out and check my mains. The air jets - I couldnt read what was on them.

Im hoping the carbs willl be ok inside as my tank isnt rusty (yay real petrol!) and I didnt see any nastys from pulling the slides out.

The odd thing is two of the slides had a slight (very slight) damaged spot around where the hole where the slides would get drilled. I cant see why you would drill slides on a stage 1 tune and then only do two. Maybe I look too closely.

Also - can you shim stock needles with the 'tit' that locates in the slide? Do you use 3/4 washers or something? Dunno if I need to shim but I see its common with aftermarket needles.

The bike is now amusing to ride and thats important. I could ride a white 500cc Honda cruiser if I wanted manners all the time. Yawn, vomit.
I miss my Ducatis for personality but this thing is now like riding a 300kg version of my coonhound on a track - head down and Im going THAT WAY NOW! Hold on. And something might die haha
I like it.

The only time to shim stock needles is IF you keep the stock needles and go with an aftermarket exhaust, and then only like .020. The shim goes inbetween the white donut and the clip. That "tit" actually fits into the slide itself. So, when you are putting the needles back in place, you slightly spin the needle in place, and you will feel the plastic fall into place.

Latest posts

Back