Shim Kit Loaner Program

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been loaning by valve shim kit out and wanting to put together a second kit. Anyone with extra shims that want to donate to the cause or maybe trade for extra sizes I have please get in touch with me.

I need shim sizes from 168 and smaller and 188 and larger. Also, any odd shim sizes (usually 4 digit code) can be sent.

Of course if anyone needs to borrow a kit please email me. Each kit also includes the tool needed.

Sean Morley
[email protected]

+1 for this! I could donate a few bucks if that would help...ordering shims is bit of an issue when the v-max is your only transportation, you live in Hawaii, and have no idea which ones you might need!

Broke down and bought a bunch of shims in the 2.60 and thinner. If anyone ends up using those sizes it will run $5 per shim. They aren't needed very often and usually only if a valve job is done and a lot or material taken out of the seat.

Sending the kit (I have 2 put together now) isn't a problem shipping anywhere but depending on the location shipping can be expensive.

Sean

I would like to rent out that shim kit if it's currently available. I assume there is a deposit and such to keep people honest.

No deposit needed but we've got one kit temporarily lost. I may have to start charging for shims smaller then 162 if they end up getting used. Send me a direct email if you would. I have to use the kit this week and then it goes to one other person. You can use it after that.

Sean

Any chance I could borrow a kit if there is one available?

BTW, I have a whole bunch of old shims of the same diameter from my DOHC CB750. If any fall within the range the Vmax uses, I could toss them in there.

Latest posts

Back