Right front cylinder hotter than other 3

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautydigger

Reaction score
My right front cylinder is running much more hotter than the others. Spark plug in right front shows lean clean burn, the other 3 show very rich. Switch the plugs, no difference. Turned the A/F screws in on the rich cylinders, will not lean out. If the situation was reversed I would be inclined to think a bad coil. Would 3 coils go bad at the same time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you done a plug chop to establish where it is running rich, i.e. idle, needle or main jet.
Without knowing what it is you are trying to fix then everything you do will be guess work.
If you have a dyno locally a base line rune will save a lot of time and you would be working with known values.
If it is concerned with an individual part of the fueling (idle, needle or main jet) then you would need to look at that area.
If it is across the rev range then I would look at float levels.

When I bought the bike it had a stage 7 kit with Nology wires and plugs, hindle 4 into 1 header and vboost eliminated. It ran great and really fast for a year then after winter storage the next year it all went to hell. Replaced a bad coil and got a new battery did the carb A/F cleaning, but still have warm up difficulties, does not want to idle after warmed up. Probably should of started with getting rid of the nology stuff. Planning on putting the vboost back and doing the cop conversion.

Refusing to idle after the choke is off would suggest that the idle jets are blocked.

That still wouldn't explain why three are running rich though unless you pulled the plugs just after it had been on choke.
In that case what you are seeing is probably normal.

Remember that the plugs will only indicate the fueling immediately before the motor was turned off.

Latest posts

Back