Caught on helmet camera: CA motorcyclist crashes with truck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is lucky. Even with the gear he was wearing, it could have been much more tragic.

Watching the video closely seconds before the crash, it appears that he experienced front end wobble as he was going through the curve. Also, he was doin about 50 through the curve. I am guessing that he only recently started riding, and that the uneven road surface through the curve, combined with speed probably in excess of what is considered safe for the road and his inexperience caused him to stiffen up, making it so he was unable to recover his line, and placed him into the path of the truck.

I am an experienced rider. And unfamiliar roads can easily catch me by surprise. That is why I have learner to take it easy when riding. Fortunately, this man lived to learn that lesson.

I agree with you- i have been riding for 35 years and the best advice i've ever recieved was to relax. Glad he's ok.

Sometimes shit just happens, new/old, experienced or not. He is DAMN lucky to be alive.

Its scary having something like that happen.

I am glad he lived and didnt damage himself terribly.

Im thinking that there might have been a bit of target fixation thrown in there as well. He kept looking at the truck thus he kept heading toward the truck.

That man need never buy a lottery ticket for the rest of his life. He used up all the luck one person can have in that instant.

I saw this posted somewhere the other day and it made me cringe.
He's definitely lucky to be alive.

Wow, that guy definitely had someone watching over him in order to survive that accident.

Latest posts

Back