VMOA Store

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
Someone mentioned the store, It would be great if this sites takes off like the others O belong to maybe the VMOA store could be added here. Sure could not hurt as long as the person running the store can handle what ever this might also generate (If anything)

right now the Presidents wife runs the VMOA store. Im sure its alot of work. But at this point this site and the VMOA are not affiliated. It would be cool if that happened in the future though

KRL0215 said:
right now the Presidents wife runs the VMOA store. Im sure its alot of work. But at this point this site and the VMOA are not affiliated. It would be cool if that happened in the future though
I wouldn't hold my breath about the store or anything else transferring over. The ones with the sayso will never budge from that crummy Yahoo sight and I will take any bets on that issue. They also don't want the VMOA to be a part of their chit chat boards because this way the VMOA members have no say in what goes on and who controls the Yahoo operation. Half a dozend guys are in control and they will not change ANYTHING! I tried my best to get them to budge but now realize why they want it like it is. Deleted myself from both lists and won't look back. Also when my VMOA membership runs out, I'll have nothing to do with it.

mikemax04 said:
I wouldn't hold my breath about the store or anything else transferring over. The ones with the sayso will never budge from that crummy Yahoo sight and I will take any bets on that issue. They also don't want the VMOA to be a part of their chit chat boards because this way the VMOA members have no say in what goes on and who controls the Yahoo operation. Half a dozend guys are in control and they will not change ANYTHING! I tried my best to get them to budge but now realize why they want it like it is. Deleted myself from both lists and won't look back. Also when my VMOA membership runs out, I'll have nothing to do with it.

Mike, I agree 100% with you, that vmoa is just a group of close friends that had the bright idea of
letting people join to benefit themselves, at the end $25 bucks isn't much but when you add it up
We the soccers are the ones paying for their mods, really clever on their part.
lets build this site for the benefit of all who own a max
and have respect for each other and even for goofy ideas:)
we can gather a lot of useful information in this site in an organized manner for reference.
all we need now is to collect $25 from each member:a014:
firefly also known as Ibrahim

________
Mercedes-Benz C291 specifications

Last edited:
Your guys' loss.

We're talking now and providing Steve Jasse with a wish list on how to make the website better. Right now we're talking about security issues because we want each VMOA director to have their own updatable page. We could post our own events, etc.

I love the club! Is it perfect? Hell no, but we're working through the issues.

Nothing happening in your area? Do something! That's what I did and now we have many rides/events in the region. We also get a magazine, many discounts, meet new friends for each event we hold.

Ibrahim, did you know that your region has a new director? He's planning rides, give him a shout for details.

Don't get me wrong, vmaxforum is a great thing even if it's not affiliated with The Club. The more Vmax forums, the better. I'm a member of them all...at least the English ones.

Anyway, I'm much better off with the club than w/o. Saved thousands of dollars learning to do stuff myself and also get to rent a dyno all day with no out of pocket costs. We'll have a couple of dozen people there, most are now my friends. I wouldn't trade that for anything!

Take care!

I'll throw in my :twocents: and back off from the discussion.
There is good points brought up by all involved in this discussion. The Yahoo VMax group(s) were started because at the time, there wasn't the availability of forum software that there is now. I use the Yahoo groups in email form only, because I don't like the ads that pop up in the web format and staying logged in is sometimes a problem. Also there is a lot of different Yahoo Vmax groups to subscribe to. I know most splintered off because some didn't want general chat etc mixed in with their group, so more groups started that you had to subscribe to. Personally i like a forum layout as you can read the category you want, the site is searchable and you can attach pictures etc to your message. Also storage space for pictures isn't an issue as it is with Yahoo. As some have pointed out, some of the group owners *may* be a bit too militant in their approach to the group, however they are the owners of it so they run it as they see best. I'm in the middle of making changes to this forum to address changes requested by users on this forum. One will probably be changing the forum colors so it isn't so "dark" and adding a chat room and photo gallery for event pictures. These changes are being sorted out by myself and the moderators.
I'd love to see the VMOA website more as a forum. A forum can incorporate on line PayPal to register new members to the club, on line shopping, forums for the different area VMOA clubs that can be moderated by each Regional Director. The possibilities are pretty much endless. If the VMOA wants this forum to be their affiliate or even to be their forum, I have no problems with that. I'm just trying to help continue the growth and improvement of the club.

Gary

Buster, thanks for the reply! Keep up the great work, love the site!

I will renew my membership to the VMOA, but I will partially agree with Ibrahim that the VMOA could be much better

There is no reason that the VMOA couldn't kick in a few bucks to help this site .The buy and sale board could post pictures and such if the site owner was up for it. The only reason some of the maxers are not coming over th this forum is that they have run the other forum tightly with their little power structure and don't want to lose it.This site has a much better potential that the "list "

Mark, I've been trying to get the other site to at least look at different forum setups since the talked at one time was about looking into it. All I get from the Yahoo moderator and quite a few others in the "circle of friends" that they are tired of my griping about a new sity and can leave anytime I wanted to. MOST VMOA members at least want to entertain the option of having something better but a handful WILL keep control of what they now have. I've gotten letters to that effect to buzz off and start my own forum if I'm so unhappy. I'm not, but many members are but are scared to speak up because they will get the same message that it is THEIR list, so shut up. I joined up because I wanted to be part of a bike group where there are events scheduled for the MAX riders all over the States. What the hell do they need all that pomp and chain of command for if each individual has to look out for himself and see what he can scrape together to ride with another maxer? The VMOA is known nowhere in the world because they refuse to modernize and be a club OF IT'S MEMBERS. I don't need anything from the STORE, don't have the need of the lists where oil brands and tire pressure are discussed when many chime in. Now it's all about the Mexicans, legal or illegal. If a new guy hit's the lists, he will think he stumbled into a KKK meeting. I don't need any of their tuning knowledge and when the new Max appears, they'll know squat anyway. Where is the genuine camaraderie that most guys are looking for?

Last edited:
Ibrahim.......THE Ibrahim from the lists? You the guy that's been raising all the hell over there? Good to see you found a friendlier home. Some of us were outside the circle and were not allowed to voice our opinion because the lists are not part of the VMOA. Is that a crock or what? Talk about some underhanded bull these guys are pulling. Just give us your $25 and shut the fu@% up. It's just my humble opinion but I think this forum should pick a name like "USAVMAX" because the US is not represented like other countries are. Perhaps Gary will conferr with the moderators and debate on a geographically identifiable title for this forum? Why not make this site the one that represents the Max in the US? If they (VMOA members) notice that we don't NEED their guys or setup, they will probably drift over faster. As far as the $25 per member goes, free for a while to new members so the membership will grow. Most of the $25 is beer and steak money for the inner circle anyway. We don't need a V-Boost mag. and as far as selling patches and such, we could start our own store with what the membership wants in it. As long as the majority of members vote something in, it should be accepted by OUR club if possible. No cheeeeeecken in every pot. What say you, anything worth while in this message?

Sluggo said:
There is no reason that the VMOA couldn't kick in a few bucks to help this site .The buy and sale board could post pictures and such if the site owner was up for it. The only reason some of the maxers are not coming over th this forum is that they have run the other forum tightly with their little power structure and don't want to lose it.This site has a much better potential that the "list "
Right on Sluggo. Just another VMOA member that has a handle on what's going on at Yahoo.

I can't speak for the politics over on the Yahoo Group site. I'm a brand new member over there. Here as well, for that matter. I have found that I usually only visit there to TRY to search for an answer to a question regarding the Max. It is really a poorly designed piece of software.

I will hope that the generally silent majority over there will find their way over here and begin to participate. The handful of people that "control" it can continue to enjoy it. It isn't a mutually exclusive deal. Subscribe and post to both sites. Eventually, if this site continues to grow, it's database of info will make the other list obsolete. At least for me...

Keep up the good work Buster. :thumbup1:

Like Redux, I'm also a recent VMOA member. However, when I signed up on Yahoo (and I really didn't want to, yahoo sucks) I setup for digest mode in the e-mail. When I got the first few I had to double check and see if I had accidently signed up for a Political Bitch Session group.

I've been letting the digests come in, but haven't read any of them yet. I'm thinking I'll send some time looking over them on Friday (finagled a day off) and if I find nothing of interest or help, I'll unsubscribe.

I am on the UK Vmax forum as well, and now that I've found this place, I'm in hog heaven.

Much could be done with this site, there is no doubt. Buster has a good handle on his web skills. Questions is, is there a real need for it?

Now I could see someone in the upper ranks here doing some foot work about getting discounts with some suppliers, thats always helpful, but I would wait on the patches, shirts and such. Let this place grow a bit and then hook up some stuff like that.

Just my thoughts though. As for the VMOA, yup, their idea of a forum sucks, I'll have to make my mind up about the rest of it as time goes.

Calimus said:
I've been letting the digests come in, but haven't read any of them yet. I'm thinking I'll send some time looking over them on Friday (finagled a day off) and if I find nothing of interest or help, I'll unsubscribe.

You don't have to unsubscribe. You can do like me and don't actually have any of them sent by email. Just read it on the site. You can maintain your membership and post when you see something that you want to comment on.

I've been a VMOA member pretty much since it's inception. Over the years it's lost some of it's shine but to me, still worth every penny of the $25/yr it costs. I save that and more by buying parts with the member discounts.
As for the Yahoo sites, I rarely visit any more. The search feature is pretty much useless and I have other sites I can go to if I want political insights.
I really like the layout of this site and the way it's moderated.
Great job!

mikemax04 said:
Ibrahim.......THE Ibrahim from the lists? You the guy that's been raising all the hell over there? Good to see you found a friendlier home. Some of us were outside the circle and were not allowed to voice our opinion because the lists are not part of the VMOA. Is that a crock or what? Talk about some underhanded bull these guys are pulling. Just give us your $25 and shut the fu@% up. It's just my humble opinion but I think this forum should pick a name like "USAVMAX" because the US is not represented like other countries are. Perhaps Gary will conferr with the moderators and debate on a geographically identifiable title for this forum? Why not make this site the one that represents the Max in the US? If they (VMOA members) notice that we don't NEED their guys or setup, they will probably drift over faster. As far as the $25 per member goes, free for a while to new members so the membership will grow. Most of the $25 is beer and steak money for the inner circle anyway. We don't need a V-Boost mag. and as far as selling patches and such, we could start our own store with what the membership wants in it. As long as the majority of members vote something in, it should be accepted by OUR club if possible. No cheeeeeecken in every pot. What say you, anything worth while in this message?
Hey I love my neighbours to the south :flagwaver:but I'm Canadian so naming as you suggested above leaves me and some other fellow members out! :tantrum:. Plus there are members here from Europe so i'd rather not steer the forum towards some exclusive club based on where you live. However as the forum grows, there can be forums for geographical area so it is easier to organize rides with people that live near you. My :twocents:

Buster Hymen said:
Hey I love my neighbours to the south :flagwaver:but I'm Canadian so naming as you suggested above leaves me and some other fellow members out! :tantrum:. Plus there are members here from Europe so i'd rather not steer the forum towards some exclusive club based on where you live. However as the forum grows, there can be forums for geographical area so it is easier to organize rides with people that live near you. My :twocents:
Would never think of leaving our brothers to the North out of anything but still think a name like "North American" or similar designation in title would give us some status and not seem like a wanna be offspring of the VMOA. The title says a lot about any club. Just my .02 cents worth since you're asking for different ideas for the forum.

Redux said:
You don't have to unsubscribe. You can do like me and don't actually have any of them sent by email. Just read it on the site.

Sorry Redux, thats basicly what I ment, but good info for those not used to Yahoo's way of doing thing. I really should sleep before I post. As of now, I'm working on having been up for about 22 hours :eusa_dance: Sometimes I really hate my job.

MikeMax - I can see where your coming from since many of the Vmax forums out there are named based on their location. However, I kinda like the way it is here. It's like a country of it's own, all are welcome. As far as status, I've never been much of one for status. I've always been more of one to hang out in smaller crowds. I generally find better folks in those places. True enthisiests will seek out a place like this and those are the folks ya want. Advertise like a mofo and you end up with brainless masses mikes in with small pools of knowledgeable folks that usually are driven out after prolonged exposure to the "run mouth first engage brain possibly never" groups.

But hey, Buster can do as he wishes, I'll certainly never "bitch" intentionaly.

We have a good thing going here, no suggestions are bad in my opinion. However I do like how everyone here "talks" about their thoughts an no one outright bashes eachother for it.

Calimus said:
Sorry Redux, thats basicly what I ment, but good info for those not used to Yahoo's way of doing thing. I really should sleep before I post. As of now, I'm working on having been up for about 22 hours :eusa_dance: Sometimes I really hate my job.

MikeMax - I can see where your coming from since many of the Vmax forums out there are named based on their location. However, I kinda like the way it is here. It's like a country of it's own, all are welcome. As far as status, I've never been much of one for status. I've always been more of one to hang out in smaller crowds. I generally find better folks in those places. True enthisiests will seek out a place like this and those are the folks ya want. Advertise like a mofo and you end up with brainless masses mikes in with small pools of knowledgeable folks that usually are driven out after prolonged exposure to the "run mouth first engage brain possibly never" groups.

But hey, Buster can do as he wishes, I'll certainly never "bitch" intentionaly.

We have a good thing going here, no suggestions are bad in my opinion. However I do like how everyone here "talks" about their thoughts an no one outright bashes eachother for it.

I agree 100%

Latest posts

Back