!!!Working fuel gauge, FOR REAL this time!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info you have provided on your tank setup KJ! I have the in-tank sending unit but no gauge to show how much fuel I have. I have been looking at an analog tach(0-10,000 rpm), digital speedometer (possibly a gps based system option) which also has a fuel gauge, clock, shift/high beam/ neutral lights, and voltmeter all in one round gauge about the size of the stock unit. (85mm diameter/ 41mm deep)
Probably won't be this year though.

WOW your setup looks too sweet, Im a geek for gadget. What all do you have there in the operators quarters and where did you source the gauges.

Up top left to right: MPS airshifter button, button on clutch leaver is the garage door opener, then the eBay (china) speedo/tach, Harlan shift light, then home bodged deadman switch and nitrous controller.

The instrument cowel: Temp, volt meter (soon to be fuel gauge) oil pressure, and beneath the gauges are: the neutral LED, 3-way switch for Vboost, Flashing low oil pressure LED, then flashing low fuel LED.

The 3 smaller gauges are from a sunpro mini triple gauge setup, the speedo/tack is from eBay. Air shifter from Morley's.

Ouch my god, it almost hurt to see that Hardin Marine sender......I new there had to be something out to do this. Well I got to serve the mod monkey jones a little for the winter. Is the intank part a little flexible? Knowing how a healthy motor feels when the Vboost opens, I can only imagine what a spray of nitrous would do for the max.

Thanks for all the info you have provided on your tank setup KJ! I have the in-tank sending unit but no gauge to show how much fuel I have. I have been looking at an analog tach(0-10,000 rpm), digital speedometer (possibly a gps based system option) which also has a fuel gauge, clock, shift/high beam/ neutral lights, and voltmeter all in one round gauge about the size of the stock unit. (85mm diameter/ 41mm deep)
Probably won't be this year though.

Brian, have you thought about Seans GPS set up? I think it might be just what you are looking for. I have it, and its amazing. You can basically order it how ever you want it set up.

Attachments

• 20150429_182834[1].jpg
    20150429_182834[1].jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 20150429_182853[1].jpg
    20150429_182853[1].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20150429_182902[1].jpg
    20150429_182902[1].jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150428_222437[1].jpg
    20150428_222437[1].jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 109
.... Is the intank part a little flexible? Knowing how a healthy motor feels when the Vboost opens, I can only imagine what a spray of nitrous would do for the max.

Yes, the intank part can be bent a little bit. I first put it in the tank, took a measurement then cut off the excess. The nitrous, the best way I can describe it, is like staying in second gear. :biglaugh:

Brian, have you thought about Seans GPS set up? I think it might be just what you are looking for. I have it, and its amazing. You can basically order it how ever you want it set up.

Hi Guys, I know this's is an old post, but I wanted to exchange my kph speedo for a mph version and include a fuel gauge at the same time. Do you have a materials list for the conversion Traumahawk?.

Thanks in advance,
V-Max2xs

Latest posts

Back