Cycle One Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulign

Reaction score
So I bought a wheel on ebay and the shop that was mounting a tire damaged it. Nice enough guy was honest and said he would take care of it. Told me to find a place to buy one and he would order it.

I sent Tom an email asking for a time frame...he said "One week turnaround"

Sweet I can still make Topeka with my bike!

May 25th the wheel was ordered. Tom was really good about answering the questions I had via email.

June 2nd I asked if it had shipped...he said "Sorry not yet. Ill have it out before the weeks out. Sorry for the delay."

Cool no problem I might still make the trip.

Checked back on the 7th...He said "I called the powder coating place and they didn't have it done. Ill call again tomorrow."

Didn't hear anything so I asked for an update on the 14th (made the trip on my stepdads Suzuki)... He said " I called the powder coating place and my guy there hasn't called back .Ill call again in the morning or just go there."

Sent another email yesterday... still waiting for a reply.

So not the end of the world he didn't make the week turnaround... Not a big deal I didn't make the trip. Just really don't like the feeling of smoke being blown up my ass. This whole project has been a mess and I'm dying to put it behind me.

So maybe I am over reacting?? :bang head:

What do you guys think?

Well, I can tell you what the delay was I think........ he was finishing Toxic up for me and was rushing to get it done for a ride I had June 4th-6th. Have always found Tom to be good to deal with, but the downside of him being a "one man shop" is that he is sometimes at the mercy of the folks he contracts work to. Give him a call and talk to him. Much better than an email when trying to get your point across IMHO.

So I bought a wheel on ebay and the shop that was mounting a tire damaged it. Nice enough guy was honest and said he would take care of it. Told me to find a place to buy one and he would order it.

I sent Tom an email asking for a time frame...he said "One week turnaround"

Sweet I can still make Topeka with my bike!

May 25th the wheel was ordered. Tom was really good about answering the questions I had via email.

June 2nd I asked if it had shipped...he said "Sorry not yet. Ill have it out before the weeks out. Sorry for the delay."

Cool no problem I might still make the trip.

Checked back on the 7th...He said "I called the powder coating place and they didn't have it done. Ill call again tomorrow."

Didn't hear anything so I asked for an update on the 14th (made the trip on my stepdads Suzuki)... He said " I called the powder coating place and my guy there hasn't called back .Ill call again in the morning or just go there."

Sent another email yesterday... still waiting for a reply.

So not the end of the world he didn't make the week turnaround... Not a big deal I didn't make the trip. Just really don't like the feeling of smoke being blown up my ass. This whole project has been a mess and I'm dying to put it behind me.

So maybe I am over reacting?? :bang head:

What do you guys think?

I think if someone is dependent by someone things somethimes goes wrong no matter how much you will try.
If you will start overreacting it wont fix anything.

I learn that long time ago.

The reason for dealing by email is it doesn't draw out the conversation. I don't need to tie him up on the phone. I don't want to waste his time. I don't care if he got hung up on something else. Just say hey I'm getting my ass kicked over here and I'm working on it.

The shop that damaged the wheel has called twice wondering whats up. He wants it behind him too.

As for being at someones mercy... How long does powdercoating a wheel take? I guess I don't know but it doesn't seem like it should take too long.

I just don't see any advantage bugging him via phone and don't think I should have to.

thanks for the input.

I think if someone is dependent by someone things somethimes goes wrong no matter how much you will try.
If you will start overreacting it wont fix anything.

I learn that long time ago.

Exactly! That's why I didn't start this thread off with C.O.O sucks.(Not saying that at all)

Really just hoping this all ends on a happy note.

I just wanted to hear that this is kind of the norm and that he will come thru.

Also tired of seeing the max up in the air and wanted to vent a bit.

Thanks

The reason for dealing by email is it doesn't draw out the conversation. I don't need to tie him up on the phone. I don't want to waste his time. I don't care if he got hung up on something else. Just say hey I'm getting my ass kicked over here and I'm working on it.

The shop that damaged the wheel has called twice wondering whats up. He wants it behind him too.

As for being at someones mercy... How long does powdercoating a wheel take? I guess I don't know but it doesn't seem like it should take too long.

I just don't see any advantage bugging him via phone and don't think I should have to.

thanks for the input.

It's all good:biglaugh:. Can tell you that the quality of the powdercoating is excellent! Part of my build was powdercoating the wheels and they look incredible. There will be a happy ending:eusa_dance:

Fresh update from Tom...

The finisher is still the hold up. Tom offered to take it somewhere else. I told him to stick with who he knows and that I am just anxious to get rolling again.

Not mad at Tom at all just frustrated... Story of my life lol

It's all good:biglaugh:. Can tell you that the quality of the powdercoating is excellent! Part of my build was powdercoating the wheels and they look incredible. There will be a happy ending:eusa_dance:

This is what I like to hear!

Tom also took time to call the shop that ordered the wheel for me and give them an update as well.

So now I go back to waiting and drooling over the pics on the website...lol

Exactly! That's why I didn't start this thread off with C.O.O sucks.(Not saying that at all)

Really just hoping this all ends on a happy note.

I just wanted to hear that this is kind of the norm and that he will come thru.

Also tired of seeing the max up in the air and wanted to vent a bit.

Thanks

Personaly I dont know Tom but I NEVER HEARD ANY BAD WORD ABOUT HIM.
Im sure hes a good guy.
IMHO its not his fault so give him a second chance.

Thats exactly what I will do at Your place.

No need for a second chance... I just wanted to get feedback from others.

I read up on what I could find and it seems he makes a great product. I can't wait to try it out.

Just to make you drool a bit more, here are a couple of pics of my bike the day after I got it back from Tom....:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Toxicchaindrive.jpg
    Toxicchaindrive.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 88
  • chaindrive3.jpg
    chaindrive3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 69
Haha thanks a lot!!

I like the stretch but I want to keep my shaft drive

This sounds VERY familiar! Try waiting over 8 months to get everything sorted out though...

I ordered my UFO wheel in December and didn't have the bike completely sorted until September the next year... 2006 to 2007... Never should have done it... The UFO debacle was 6 months total from time of order till time of being told to piss off and deal with it. Then I did the Carr route which happened to have an issue with the front wheel fitment. THEY stuck with it and paid everything and made it ALL right. Nice dealing with good people. I truly think Tom is good people. He just doesn't have time to deal with emails in a timely manner and he's too small to hire someone.

Chris

Yeah I remember reading a bunch about all that. I do think it will all come out right. Tom has been cool I'm just frustrated with my luck on this go round and it's made me jumpy. Would have been better if the first wheel hadn't been damaged

Yeah I remember reading a bunch about all that. I do think it will all come out right. Tom has been cool I'm just frustrated with my luck on this go round and it's made me jumpy. Would have been better if the first wheel hadn't been damaged

I had to go to Thunder with my other bike... Happens to be a Suzuki as well. THAT sucked! :damn angry:

Chris

Yeah this was a Suzuki C50 cruiser with beach bars... comfy but SOOOO slow and boring. I don't think I broke 80mph the whole trip. I did like having the bags though!

I HAVE PURCHASED A COUPLE OF THINGS FROM TOM , HE IS A GREAT GUY , BOTH TIMES IT TOOK LONGER THEN INITIALLY SAID , BUT HE'S A ONE MAN BAND & IT WAS ALL WORTH THE WAIT , THE QUALITY WAS TOP NOTCH ! .. I JUST THINK HE FEELS BAD TELLING PEOPLE HOW LONG IT MAY TAKE , BUT IF HE'S BUSY THATS GREAT FOR HIM & US BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE A NICE GUY TO DEAL WITH , WHO HAS TOP QUALITY PARTS FOR US TO " MOD " OUR V-MAX'S WITH FOR A LONG TIME TO COME , I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER HAVE A ONE ON ONE RE-PORE WITH A GUY THEN CALL A CHAIN STORE SUPPLIER AND GET SOME INFERIOR PRODUCT ! ..." FASTER DOESN'T MEAN BETTER " ! .. :punk:

Latest posts

Back