EFI forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well, since going to the "dark side" for sucking in fuel, I thought there should be a sub forum for it for those that have thought about going to EFI. :biglaugh:

Yah,It is not THAT complicated.We need to come up with a micro squirt2 conversion that is cost effective.The biggest problem that I can see is having manifolds fabricated.If the stock manifolds could still be used the butterfly linkage would not be too bad,similar to Keihin FCR linkage.Throttle bodies are all over ebay.This could be $400-500 project if done right.Maybe even less.

I nominate the S&S brothers (Shawn and Sean) to create EFI for the working man. Can I get a 2nd?

I have been working 10-12 hour days for the last month so I won't have much time for awhile.I do love my new job though!Even peed a little when I saw my first months paycheck!

I have been working 10-12 hour days for the last month so I won't have much time for awhile.I do love my new job though!Even peed a little when I saw my first months paycheck!

Shawn...

Get that dew yet??? I sent a 1/4 a few weeks ago....:confused2:

Neil

I have been contemplating using the kit from the link I posted and seeing just how economical it could be to assemble a complete kit. Then it would have to be "polished" up to make it neat and tidy to package for sale. I really like the idea of using the stock carb bodies and converting them to throttle bodies. My only question would be, would one close the Vboost ports, leave them wide open, or could the system be made to function with it operational? It is certain that much testing and tuning would be required, but if a system could be made that you don't have to mortgage your house or sell a kid to buy.........:eusa_dance:

I have been contemplating using the kit from the link I posted and seeing just how economical it could be to assemble a complete kit. Then it would have to be "polished" up to make it neat and tidy to package for sale. I really like the idea of using the stock carb bodies and converting them to throttle bodies. My only question would be, would one close the Vboost ports, leave them wide open, or could the system be made to function with it operational? It is certain that much testing and tuning would be required, but if a system could be made that you don't have to mortgage your house or sell a kid to buy.........:eusa_dance:

According to that link, he was at $1200 and still had to buy throttle bodies and machine manifolds.

There is this guy selling a manifold for a 4bbl carb on eBay. Instead of using a 4bbl like he's got on the manifold.

How about using a throttle body injection unit like whats on the earlier 3.8-6cyl fords and GM and use the megasquirt setup to control it?

Attachments

• 8030_1.jpg
    8030_1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 65
  • tbiunit.jpg
    tbiunit.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 62
there is this guy selling a manifold for a 4bbl carb on ebay. Instead of using a 4bbl like he's got on the manifold.

How about using a throttle body injection unit like whats on the earlier 3.8-6cyl fords and gm and use the megasquirt setup to control it?

oh yah!

The electronics to me seem to be the greatest challenge.

Without a cam position sensor the EFI has to be a "batch" process where all injectors fire at the same time, which is actually ok.

but how many "universal" controllers are there that will do the job?

You've gotta have
Throttle position sensor, Vaccum sensor, RPM input, and cam position sensor( for a sequential system)

And then the tuning starts... a risky process if you don't know what your doing and fry a motor from too lean conditions.........

An A/F monitor, or better yet a closed loop system that will regulate things except for when in WOT mode would be perfect....

A closed loop system that can learn what to do at any given time with only an A/F number dialed in is pretty sweet, which is what Wildbro is doing with their "premium" setup..

Wildbros closed loop system with ready to go maps and Vmax specific support doesn't sound so bad after all..although $$$$$$$$$

Wish it was cheaper,

Hope someone on here has the time and money to figure this all out,

The electronics to me seem to be the greatest challenge.

Without a cam position sensor the EFI has to be a "batch" process where all injectors fire at the same time, which is actually ok.

but how many "universal" controllers are there that will do the job?

You've gotta have
Throttle position sensor, Vaccum sensor, RPM input, and cam position sensor( for a sequential system)

And then the tuning starts... a risky process if you don't know what your doing and fry a motor from too lean conditions.........

An A/F monitor, or better yet a closed loop system that will regulate things except for when in WOT mode would be perfect....

A closed loop system that can learn what to do at any given time with only an A/F number dialed in is pretty sweet, which is what Wildbro is doing with their "premium" setup..

Wildbros closed loop system with ready to go maps and Vmax specific support doesn't sound so bad after all..although $$$$$$$$$

Wish it was cheaper,

Hope someone on here has the time and money to figure this all out,

I know the open system doesn't come with a good VMax map. He sent me a "base" map that is not very good as it is really fat at idle and way too lean as soon as you are on the throttle. His phone support is pretty god though. I've finally worked out what I think is a pretty good map. I'm trying to get it to a dyno next week to see what the results are.

I have started my efi project ,bought a megasquirt 1 v2.2 ,megaview and a set of throttlebodies off a cbr600rr and a in tank fuelpump with sender courtesy of a...............cbr600rr.So I've been researching every piece of info I can find .i have a spare motor that I can use as a template so to speak and the one thing I haven't really decided yet is whether to use the throttle bodies I already have or to go for the single big one .Either way it is going to be abitch making the manifold/s.And you do not need a cam / crank position sensor unless you are planning on doing the spark side of things.2 I don't think sequential is needed either since at high revs most efi's are running fulltime as in open and spraying continuously IMHO .This is going to be a very much a budget build as always but it should be an interesting thing to do.Any and all advice is welcome Cheers Kevman

Latest posts

Back