Suspension for track day?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
Has anyone done a track day on a relitivly stock Vmax? if so how did you set the suspension up? I am traveling to New Hampshire later this month and am thinking of taking the vmax for fun. Any idea;s or sugestions would be helpful.

The most common mod is to strap down the front suspension and air down the back tire. This will help stop a wheelie, or so I'm told.

you are takin a Vmax onto Loudon? Id love to see some pics, or better yet a video

outlaws justice said:
Has anyone done a track day on a relatively stock Vmax? if so how did you set the suspension up? I am traveling to New Hampshire later this month and am thinking of taking the vmax for fun. Any idea;s or suggestions would be helpful.

I read somewhere that stiffening the front suspension for track riding make a bike handle better in turns, so if it has a stock front I would think putting more air in the forks no more than the maximum of 14 PSI will do the trick.
Ibrahim
________
extreme q vaporizer

Last edited:
Thanks Ibrahim, I got a few adjustment tips and that was one of them. Not yet sure If I will run the Max on the track. I just sold the YZF600R, but the buyer has agreed to let me take it although I would rather take my New 06 FZ1 but it has not come in yet. So only time will tell as to what I will be riding. I will get some pics if I take the max and let everyone know how it goes.

Made it to the track but did not take the max out. Some of the instructors would have liked me to, but I did not want to drain the cooling system as I just did a complete flush and fill. Last year they had a couple Goldwings out during the track day, I guess it was a site to see the wings dragging hard parts on the race track. The Little EX500 I took did a great job, see my post up top for the results. I will post a couple pics later.

Latest posts

Back