New Build, Lots of Mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st Shirt Maxer

Reaction score
Starting this cold wintery day in Oklahoma, I started tearing the bike down for a 1 off custom build that will include memories from my now 22 years in the Air Force. Here is the starting pictures and I will upload new ones as I complete different segments.

Attachments

• DSCN1261.jpg
    DSCN1261.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1262.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 147
Well today is a good day to start the build....you definitely wont be riding this weekend.

Keep us posted. Will it be ready for Thunder next year?

I am hoping it will be ready by Thunder. I will be at Thunder with the bike, it just might not be complete. There will be a lot of fabricating for my vision and since I do not have the tools or skills to do any type of fab work I will be looking at folks here for a lot of help. Sean Morley already has started the first project by machining down a 105mm shell from the Gunships and using it as the clutch cover insert.

They are Fatmax bags. I like the looks as they carry the lines of the bike better than anything else I have seen. Only down side is that they are expensive.

John Wyer Gulf Oil livery:
one of the most iconic designs ever, and a natural as a 'tribute' design.
ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx
mirage-m2-gulf-oil-wyer-.jpegmirage-m2-gulf-oil-wyer-livery.png

Here's a Sportster in the Wyer Gulf Oil livery scheme.

Sportster Gulf Oil Llvery Lord Drake Kustoms.png

Last edited:
Back