Problems using this forum??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRL0215 said:
its fixed now, whatever you did worked. Is that why the board was down this morning?

No, was there a page showing saying it was down, or could you just not connect?

there was a page that said there was a database error and that the board administrator had been notified. It was only like that for an hour that I noticed

KRL0215 said:
there was a page that said there was a database error and that the board administrator had been notified. It was only like that for an hour that I noticed

Hmm.. OK that means where I host was having a problem with their SQL server. Glad they got it working again with no database loses!

When I see a post that has for example 29 replies and I go to that post I may only be able to read 9, there are no page numbers at the bottom or top. Is there some setting I need to change to see all the replies?

When I see a post that has for example 29 replies and I go to that post I may only be able to read 9, there are no page numbers at the bottom or top. Is there some setting I need to change to see all the replies?

Hmm...

Sounds odd to me... Check out the attachments. Look at the third one... It is in the UserCP under edit options.

Make sure you have it set right. Just set it like I have mine set.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 6

Below the "Quote" button on the bottom of the right side of the screen, just below the last post, there sould be the page numbers. Just click on another page.

Hmm that's odd... give us a few more details of your set up. It should be right at the bottom right corner of the last post and top right corer of the first post to change pages. I've added a few screen shots in the attachment.

Attachments

• page.jpg
    page.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3
  • pagetop.jpg
    pagetop.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
I knew about the pages:bang head:, I changed a couple of the settings on the user cp. :ummm:There was a question on the thread I started in the mod sec. about how I was going to run a wire, after I replied the ? disappeared! looks like i'm resopnding to ghosts!! give me a few more days on this site, I'll get it figured out, it's not hard I'm just slow!!:looser:

I can't change the color of my letters in a post or message. When I click on the 'colors' icon the 'increase indent' highlights. Do I have a setting wrong?

thanks

Sorry Danny you had emailed me about this and I forgot to answer you! :bang head: Are you sure you are clicking the right icon? The colour tab is the upside triangle right beside the capitol A icon. The increase indent icon is on the 2nd line, below the colour icon. Let me know if this works or not.

Sorry Danny you had emailed me about this and I forgot to answer you! :bang head: Are you sure you are clicking the right icon? The colour tab is the upside triangle right beside the capitol A icon. The increase indent icon is on the 2nd line, below the colour icon. Let me know if this works or not.

No problem, BH...here's a description:

When I place the arrow on the A, or the triangle, the box around both becomes blue and the word colors shows up in a box just below. If I click on the blue box the increase indent becomes highlighted.

Thanx,

danny

No problem, BH...here's a description:

When I place the arrow on the A, or the triangle, the box around both becomes blue and the word colors shows up in a box just below. If I click on the blue box the increase indent becomes highlighted.

Thanx,

danny

Interesting... what forum skin and browser are you using?

How to you quote just one line from a previous post in your post and make it look right?

when I do it i hit quote, and in my reply to thread I erase what I didn't want to quote. But, when I do that, what I quoted is no longer in the "little shaded box" (i'm using vblue) and it doesn't show the name of who I quoted.

I see how everyone else can just pick one line out of a hundred line post, and quote it and it will be in the shaded box and show the name of who originally wrote it, but I can't 'cipher haw tu du it.

How to you quote just one line from a previous post in your post and make it look right?

like this? make sure you leave the " QUOTE = username;numbers " with the brackets around it along with the /QUOTE with brackets at the end

Thanks mang.

Sweet, Thanks Garrett. Sometimes its the simple things in life. LOL. Like not realizing that I have to remove the back tire to get the stock exhaust off. And not realizing I need to remove the caliper to remove the tire. First time wrenching on the max the other day. Learned alot.

I wish you could just select the line of text you want to quote before hitting the quote button, and then just the selected bit was actually quoted. Now that would be nice - it's the way it works in my Mail software.

Everyy now and then i have a problem with logging in and from time to time it wont let me upload pics or open the links , my comp seems to be fine but i put it down to overloading .:confused2:

Latest posts

Back