My 1985 PCW restoration monkeying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh got bored just posted some more upgrades I did throughout the year last year. Soon will be posting pics of my new maxgasser :)

uploadfromtaptalk1358192393985.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358192408393.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358192420759.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358192451210.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358192474772.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358192493629.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Re: My 1985 PCW 1260 Restoration Complete!!

Shore is 'purdy!' Wow-eee! You can start on mine anytime!

I am trying to get-up the nerve to tear mine down to the frame & do something similar.

I would like to know, who stole your left swingarm cap? I see the right one.:biglaugh:

I have the same front brakes, not-mounted, as my earlier FZR1000 brakes (4-pot Sumitomos) seem to brake as-hard as I want. Maybe after I powder-coat the frame/swingarm... .

oooo, if you already have, my apologies, but please do share a little more info about the piece next to the mid-gear cover. is a frame reinforcer or an insert? i shore do fancy it lots.

attachment.php

oooo, if you already have, my apologies, but please do share a little more info about the piece next to the mid-gear cover. is a frame reinforcer or an insert? i shore do fancy it lots.

attachment.php

PCW gives you one for free when you convert to chain drive :biglaugh:

attachment.php

Yes its a frame reinforcer. Because once you do the chaindrive theres no support there at all I believe. Your the second one to ask be aboot it lol. Thanks guys not much more I can do this year after my 17 kosmans and maxgasser.. time to buy a house :wave bye: monkey lol

Shore is 'purdy!' Wow-eee! You can start on mine anytime!

I am trying to get-up the nerve to tear mine down to the frame & do something similar.

I would like to know, who stole your left swingarm cap? I see the right one.:biglaugh:

I have the same front brakes, not-mounted, as my earlier FZR1000 brakes (4-pot Sumitomos) seem to brake as-hard as I want. Maybe after I powder-coat the frame/swingarm... .

Yes swing arm cap has been gone since I bought bike. I need to call pcw see if stock caps fit on or are they different with the chaindrive

Nice work! Love those blue bolts!:punk:

About the swingarm cap?....you could save the price of a phone call and just pop the one off the right and see if it fits. :biglaugh:

Nice work! Love those blue bolts!:punk:

About the swingarm cap?....you could save the price of a phone call and just pop the one off the right and see if it fits. :biglaugh:

Love them too!!! 45 buck from probolt they have all different colors. And the right side one stock then I assume?

Love them too!!! 45 buck from probolt they have all different colors. And the right side one stock then I assume?

You know, I didn't look that close but it appears the right side is way deeper than stock, do the pivot bolts extend out beyond the frame? If so then a stock one won't fit.

Yes its a frame reinforcer. Because once you do the chaindrive theres no support there at all I believe. Your the second one to ask be aboot it lol. Thanks guys not much more I can do this year after my 17 kosmans and maxgasser.. time to buy a house :wave bye: monkey lol

Actually its not a frame reinforcer but a middle gear case reinforcer instead. Don't forget the engine case is gutted by the output shaft so its gets a lot less sturdier than stock...

1570chaindrive2.jpg

Well yea thats what I ment not so much frame but engine support lol. Thats a good pic of the chaindrive!
Danny yes they extend past frame

I thought I recognized that picture!

uploadfromtaptalk1362012813780.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362012838164.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362012874243.jpg

Well I know this thread said complete but im im in the process of some upgrades. Got a set of kosman 17" rims that I got to fit on her. Then getting rims powder coated black and blue.. also thank you thank you rick I got my fuckin sweet maxgasser in!!!! blue silicone coolant lines also. Probably getting some more stuff powder coated while doing rims

Re: Monkeying!

View attachment 34393
View attachment 34394
View attachment 34395

Well I know this thread said complete but im im in the process of some upgrades. Got a set of kosman 17" rims that I got to fit on her. Then getting rims powder coated black and blue.. also thank you thank you rick I got my fuckin sweet maxgasser in!!!! blue silicone coolant lines also. Probably getting some more stuff powder coated while doing rims

Yeah, I like the stock appearance the best. Good job. When you pass the literbikes in acceleration, the luggage rack makes it "really-hurt!":biglaugh:

Yeah, I like the stock appearance the best. Good job. When you pass the literbikes in acceleration, the luggage rack makes it "really-hurt!":biglaugh:

Never thought of it like that... and that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys on all the comments. Theres a lot behind the scenes on this like me argueing wwith my girlfriend because im supposed to be saving for a house :rofl_200: i just know ill be house broke once that time comes.. as of jan im up to $1200 :puke:

Well make the GF happy & do the house thing, then you will have a place to work on the bike!

If you think she is tough now, just wait till she is the wife. You won't have a chance then...:biglaugh: Better get everything done now!!

Latest posts

Back