Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 48, single, no kids, and back into riding after taking a few years off. I didn't know how much I missed riding, or is the Vmax that much fun to ride? I may get another motorcycle to ride (FJR1300 comes to mind, or maybe a WR450F) but Redbone will be my baby.

Last edited:
43 This will be my second full season with a Max. I will eventually get a another bike like a Goldwing but I won't ever give up the Vmax. I'd get devorced first :biglaugh:

Old enough to know better, but young enough not to care..... ok 39 but will be 40 shortly (those of you attending the Spring Ice breaker will get to celebrate my b-day with me as it is the Monday following). Owned my Max since 05 and wouldn't trade it for the world.

37 but the ages near me:

Chris J (late 20's I think)
Ben (early 30's)
Kevin R. 38
Mark N. 37 (Bought his at 18)
Steve 21-22
Brad (mid 40's)
Chris H (40's?)
Mike C (mid 30's)

Plenty of others. I would say the averages are more in the 40's with a lot in the 30's but enough old farts to bring that up.

Sean Morley

Bought the vmax last november when I was 39 but did not get to ride it until last week after I turned 40.

34 here. Bought mine new in 99. I had always owned crotch rockets since I was 18 but wanted something that was a little more comfortable for two. My wife is a Vmax enthusiast as much as the rest of us here, maybe even more. I suggested selling about 4yrs ago and she said "over my dead body" my reply was well if thats how you want it.Lol. Now Ive invested, hmmm, well i dont want to think about it, $20,000 or so. I wont ever sell it now.

I'm 30... 31 in May... I act about 22, my wife would probably say 12, but she married me!

Got the bike last fall and love it! I used to like the Harley's, my dad had a bagger when I was a little kid... that was also back in the AMF era, so they were just starting to come around again. Then, everyone wanted a harley, and everyone got a harley, and then they lost all their appeal to me. I had always liked the VMax, even without knowing much about them. I had always told myself I would get a VMax if I didn't get a Harley..... we'll, I'm riding an 02 VMax and love it....

Feared by some.... Respected by all!

i was born in 1985 when the max came out LOL im 22 now and ive had it since i was 20. never get time to ride it tho because im always traveling out of state for work. not dead yet knock on wood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bHBeRMpkyVg

ps im getting rid of those cobras for a full system this summer. the bike runs WAAAAAAAAY too rich

This is weird, thought some of you were older and others much younger!

I turn 36 years in July and plan on turning 66 on the same bike.

Jamie, I thought you were older....like 47 or something. lol

Just flippin' you shit.

I'm 32yo, just got a 91 lady few months ago. I was used to ride a SV650S before. Not like all my friends who got super sport bike, I decided to make my kid dream come true and I got a US version v-max. Now I spend my time making it beautiful and I can say I don't have any regret. Even after 17y, that bike is still a eye catcher ;)

Here's Uncle Philthy @ age 66... Taken one day after my b'day, which was the 10th...

I guess, so far at least, this makes me the Prez of The Over The Hill Gang.... All you other 'kids' send your club dues to: .... ME! (jk)

Happy for each n' every day the Good Lord sees fit to grant me...and riding until I can't get it off the kickstand anymore...

Philthy

Attachments

• PICT0014.jpg
    PICT0014.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0019.jpg
    PICT0019.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 52
Here's Uncle Philthy @ age 66... Taken one day after my b'day, which was the 10th...

I guess, so far at least, this makes me the Prez of The Over The Hill Gang.... All you other 'kids' send your club dues to: .... ME! (jk)

Happy for each n' every day the Good Lord sees fit to grant me...and riding until I can't get it off the kickstand anymore...

Philthy

That's awesome,

I often think of getting older and it seems like the worst part I'm not looking forward to is when I just can't ride anymore. Dread the day.
We had a 68 year old guy riding an FJ1300 on our last ride, and one of my friends at work Dad is 70 and rides a Bandit so guys like y'all are truly inspriring.:punk:

Rusty

John is a Vmax rider that lives in Winder and he's 62. I guess that makes him and Philthy the Godfathers of the Vmax, eh?

Well done Philthy! God willing, I'll ride my Max into my 70's.

Regards,
Tom

i was born in 1985 when the max came out LOL im 22 now and ive had it since i was 20. never get time to ride it tho because im always traveling out of state for work. not dead yet knock on wood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bHBeRMpkyVg

ps im getting rid of those cobras for a full system this summer. the bike runs WAAAAAAAAY too rich

Funny that I graguated high school and the vmax came out in 1985.

34 here. Bought mine new in 99. I had always owned crotch rockets since I was 18 but wanted something that was a little more comfortable for two. My wife is a Vmax enthusiast as much as the rest of us here, maybe even more. I suggested selling about 4yrs ago and she said "over my dead body" my reply was well if thats how you want it.Lol. Now Ive invested, hmmm, well i dont want to think about it, $20,000 or so. I wont ever sell it now.

:hmmm: Does she have any like minded single sisters? :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back