Motorcycle ramp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82ndCowboy got a similar one....said it was a little unsettling driving up on it the first time but otherwise worked fine. I'd add an extra ratchet strap or two....the superior power of the Max could easily spin it out from under you....whereas the superior bulk of the Harley probly helps keep it planted! :rofl_200:

Don't buy it, description says it's for a "HARLEY"---:rofl_200:

Thats a good thing, means its certified for heavy use by morbidly obese novelty bikes, also submergible in oil, should be way more than enough for a max.

Seriously it looks good but a 2nd set of hands would be advisable IMHO. A truck is high enough that the price of failure is high. I have used similar for dirt bikes but definitely a roll of the dice there for one guy and a full size scoot. You could end up on YouTube haha.

Looks like a good one, nice & wide. Long too. Arched is a good feature, my friend the Yamaha factory mechanic once had to tell a customer who fractured his VMax cases he needed new ones because he broke the case by the oil filter when he bottomed out the bike trying to use a too-short ramp to load it.

Mod monkey likes ramps too, trailers, lifts, hitches, he loves it all!!!

Damn straight I do, I like anything that gets you guys digging into your wallets!! Which hasn't been happening much lately BTW! Let's go guys, Baby Monkey needs shoes!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I think wide is good Eric. Being able to have feet planed unloading is critical. I built one for my trailer, but it's not very high. Riding up is no problem. Coming down is hairy sometimes. I'm thinking about hoisting my bike up and in with a winch set-up. Anyone doing that?
Steve

This is one that first caught my attention.....but its kinda high.

http://www.discountramps.com/ez-riz...Yc4AZaVy9dXrPOZrtilIY_gH5YSHjgYXh4aAnFF8P8HAQ

Here is the video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkamekxMsk0

This looks like it would keep the tires from sliding (critical!), the first one probly would too if the little cross bars are triangular shaped.....but this looks like it may work better.

Yeah, not good when the MM shows up on your thread for sure.....where's the miserable little bastard been anyhow?? :confused2:

That looks like a good ramp Eric. I'd be leary of loading/unloading by myself though, if it were me. I'd still be looking for a small depression to back into in order to ease the total % incline. And it goes w/o saying to be sure and get a good strap onto it, and hooked well to the pickup.

In 08 a guy gave me his old ramp, I think he got it from Harbor Freight.. It's like a $100. It is very close to rubbing on header pipes and still needs two people to load and unload but mine was free.. And yes it flexes a little but it says its rated at 1200 lbs..

Sliding is never a good thing. Even the trailer (made out of diamond plate) is slick first thing in the morning. LOL...its just money...lol

I don't care for the lack of traction on diamond plate, my lift table is diamond plate (as most are I guess) and backing down the little ramp will end up sliding the front wheel backward....the ramp is short (maybe 2' or so) but still!

My trailer is expanded steel with a drop down tailgate/ramp, IMO that works the very best, never had a bit of slippage, even when wet.

My MC trailer is wood but I painted it with non-slip textured deck paint (sand type material added) and it is good and grippy even when damp. That may help if it would stick to the diamond plate?

My MC trailer is wood but I painted it with non-slip textured deck paint (sand type material added) and it is good and grippy even when damp. That may help if it would stick to the diamond plate?

Thats a good idea. I had thought about contact paper, but didnt know if it would stick.

Back