Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I'm 57, and have been riding most on my adult life. I have been through cruisers, older Jap inline motors, and "power cruisers" and settled on the two bikes I now have.

They say that this type of progression happens but now it looks to me like in reality most people START with cruisers, and stay there. So this poll will shed some light on the age that people are at when they get a Vmax

37 years here. I've ridden since I was fifteen and been through probably 15-18 bikes. I've always wanted a V-max, and at 36 it occurred to me "Hey, you know I can just go buy one, duh", which I did with all haste.

It's a bit like going back and buying your high school dream car (American Beauty anyone? "I always wanted that car, and now it's MINE"). So, I have a little gray in my beard, and I don't weigh 210 anymore, but I do finally have my damn Vmax, so nyah.

Bought mine as a 29th birthday gift to myself. Started with a CBR 600RR right out of highschool. Been through several bikes over the last 11 yrs, and like a previous poster stated, I'd always wanted a Vmax. One day it occurred to me...if I want one, I should have one. Here I am now, a vmax guy, finally.

I am 23. This is my second bike. First one was a 1989 Yamaha Radian wish I never would have gotten rid of that one. Then I rode my dads Honda shadow and hated it. So in March I got a big tax return and said hey get a Vmax...

i'm 24. my second bike was a vmax, the first was a yzf600 to learn on. i played rugby for years and putting all that strain on my shoulders and hands was not that much fun..

now my third bike is also a vmax. haha.... just traded up from a 94 to an 03 in october....

25 here. Lots of bikes like kawa zx12, gpz 900, yamaha xs1100, honda cb 650 and others russian, polish, chech and german small volume bikes...thos 99 v-max is my second max. first was 85 but sold it quickly...

I'm 35. My current bike is the only bike I have had. I bought it when I was 22.

same here My 03 is my first street bike & im 32. I think someone made me wait this long so I would mellow out some

I bought my Vmax when I was 48 and have enjoyed it thoroughly the past 2 years. I had not ridden in a quite a few years for one reason or another and finding the Vmax has reignited my motorcycle riding fire.

got my max this yr im 43 now.......been bikin since i was 16:punk:

Bought SnowMax 4 years ago at age 37. Went through a progression of street bikes as a younger gent and finally found what I wanted in Mr. Max. Wouldn't trade SnowMax for any other bike!

Got my max last year when I was 28. Started riding when I was 22 on a more of a sport cruiser. 2002 Sprint RS. It was a great bike as well, Those Triumph Triples are great but sold it to help get money together for a house. A year after getting the house I wanted a bike. The max was as close to a cruiser as I would allow myself to go, but I am too short and fat to be riding a sport bike.

I'm 54, riding since 16. Started with a Yamaha YL1 (100cc twin 2stroke street), a '73 Yamaha TX500 (1st new bike), and been through numerous inline 4 iterations, a '75 Goldwing, a CX500, but right now I'm down to a '95 Magna and '92 VMax in the stable. The Max's sweet, addictive exhaust note alone would make it my favorite ride, but when you add in the acceleration rush-there's no contest.

I'm 28 now, have ridden honda magnas since 98, v45's until my 20's then v65's once I started doing more riding with a passanger. Just got tired of working on 20+ year old bikes, figured when they discontinued the first generation vmax in 07, that it was my sign to finally buy a new bike.

I guess I'm the old fart so far. I'll be 62 at the next b-day in Sept. With two "slow" bikes ( ZX11 & the Max) I'm just an acceleration junkie.
Lew

I bought my first Vmax after being off riding for 24 years when i was 63 and then traded for a 2004 Fjr1300, and sold it after Ike and picked up a 85 Vmax a couple of months back and I am 67 now. Love the Vmax.

I am 23. This is my second bike. First one was a 1989 Yamaha Radian wish I never would have gotten rid of that one.

Nice, my first bike was a 1990 Radian, had her for about 6 years. I'm 32 and just bought my Max last month.

Latest posts

Back