Stator Cover Oil Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlopes

Reaction score
Aloha everyone. Well, I just rebuilt my engine. I replaced all gaskets and o rings. Everything. For some reason, the stator cover is leaking from the removable insert cover you take off to look at the timing mark on the fly wheel. Not the screw in one, the cover mounted with two allen heads. All the gaskets on this cover are new.

Is there a trick to get it to stop leaking or should I just clean it really well and add some black gasket maker to seal it up?

Might need to remove, use a little scotchbright in the hole, and reinstall to see if the oring will seat better. Also, make sure the grove on the cover that the oring sits in is clean/clear.

Might need to remove, use a little scotchbright in the hole, and reinstall to see if the oring will seat better. Also, make sure the grove on the cover that the oring sits in is clean/clear.

I tried that...it still leaks. I might just have to go with some black gasket maker. I'm ordering a new o ring, cover seal, inspection hole screw and o ring. Until the come in, just have to go with good ol black gasket maker unless you have other suggestions.

Back