Head light bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in a set of headlight relays from Eastern Beaver, and the headlight is absolutely flame thrower bright. I've got a series voltage regulator upgrade, and the headlight is getting a solid 14.4 volts through the relays directly from the battery. You'd have to see it to believe it.

I put in a set of headlight relays from Eastern Beaver, and the headlight is absolutely flame thrower bright. I've got a series voltage regulator upgrade, and the headlight is getting a solid 14.4 volts through the relays directly from the battery. You'd have to see it to believe it.

Imagine adding my 90/130 volt headlight kit to that same setup!

I added the relays to get direct power from battery to bulb. Using relays also keeps the higher amp draw of the bulb from having to go through the high beam switch. All the switch does now is trigger the relays.

Emailed eastern braver so far no reply. Trying to figure out what kit I need. Any recommendations?

The single bulb kit. I bought the relays, a fuse holder, and some wire and made my own harness..

Thanks for the help with this, I installed the eastern beaver relay kit and have to agree the standard bulb is brighter. I installed a hella 55/100, the low still isn't where I need it to be but it throws light where I want it. Not sure whats going on with hi gobs of light just not on the road. Ordered the 80/100 bulb the price is right from amazon so thts my next try.

You don't need a relay but you need a ceramic socket.

+1, I have had the EB H4 hi/lol relay kit which has an plastic socket with a 55/100 bulb. The bulb has been in there since 2011 but this last year sometime the plastic connector has slightly deformed/ melted. When I get home from Newfoundland I will get a ceramic replacement ordered.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

You may want to look at a high lumen output LED bulb. I got one off of eBay as one of the first things that I changed.

2800 lumens on high beam:

5a9d6a8ef897250ce8822300ca805524.jpg

Here is low beam:
79cffeffb162afab6b7716398c982cf5.jpg

The fit is direct plug and play.

I chose one with no fan due to the vibration of the bike being a factor.

The pattern and output is clearly superior to stock bulb with no relay.

I also just ordered a China version of the HD daymaker - 4000 lumen high beam.

I'll post some pics once I have a chance to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to look at a high lumen output LED bulb. I got one off of eBay as one of the first things that I changed.

2800 lumens on high beam:

5a9d6a8ef897250ce8822300ca805524.jpg

Here is low beam:
79cffeffb162afab6b7716398c982cf5.jpg

The fit is direct plug and play.

I chose one with no fan due to the vibration of the bike being a factor.

The pattern and output is clearly superior to stock bulb with no relay.

I also just ordered a China version of the HD daymaker - 4000 lumen high beam.

I'll post some pics once I have a chance to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post the link to it? Thanks

+1, I have had the EB H4 hi/lol relay kit which has an plastic socket with a 55/100 bulb. The bulb has been in there since 2011 but this last year sometime the plastic connector has slightly deformed/ melted. When I get home from Newfoundland I will get a ceramic replacement ordered.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

I had to replace my bulb since the lo beam was very dim, but I put in the second of the 2 ebay bulbs I had purchased back in 2011 and it works great/ like new. I have been carrying it with me on longer trips away from home and it finally paid off on the Newfoundland trip!:punk:

Back