Windshield Installed (Pic)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I ordered a used windshield for $100 from Ebay last Sunday night - It arrived this morning (Tuesday)! Wow, that was quick.

I've rode a few hundred miles on long-distance rides, but that wind is tough to deal with for a few hours.

I installed this rather large windshield today, and rode to work. WOW, what a huge difference!!! Sure it's not "sporty" with that big sail, but it sure is more manageable to ride without the wind beating you up. I launched hard on a green light (as I normally do :confused2:) and the front tire still came up. I didn't notice any decrease in performance. I've added windshields on 500cc bikes years ago and felt like it was really working to push through the air. Not Mr. Max. :biglaugh:

Here's a pic, but it's hard to see.

Attachments

• Windshield.jpg
    Windshield.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 83
Nice, I'm contemplating getting one myself, once I'm past a few other high-ticket items.
So...
- What's the brand / model of the windshield? You got it off ebay, is it a one-off or easily found?
- What's the width / size?

I'm contemplating the National Cycle Deflector (16in), it's tall and slender, and has an easy angle adjustment. A buddy has one and it seems to do a good job.

Also, off-topic...I see you've got a 4-4 exhaust, what kind of setup you got there?

Looks nice.
Are those slip on's or a full exhaust?
Are they 4 separate ones?
Who's are they? Got a sound clip?

- What's the brand / model of the windshield? You got it off ebay, is it a one-off or easily found?
- What's the width / size?

I have no idea the brand - there are no markings and I haven't seen this one before.
It's big. It's 18 inches tall, from the top of the headlight.

The exhaust is always a topic of discussion.
Custom made for the previous owner of my V-Max in Hungary. 4-into-4 slip-ons.
Sounds like a top fuel dragster.

Another pic. Am I hijacking my own thread? :ummm:

Attachments

• IMG_E3599(sm).jpg
    IMG_E3599(sm).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 34

LOL, take it as a compliment that other vmax owners are interested as to how it sounds.

I have no idea the brand - there are no markings and I haven't seen this one before.
It's big. It's 18 inches tall, from the top of the headlight.

That setup looks sick - I can almost hear how it sounds just by looking at it. :punk: Get us a clip!!

That sounds great! Back onto the windshield side of things, I used a 20" tall windshield on my trip to Newfoundland. It was a godsend on those long stretches of highway and during periods of rain, a couple times very heavy rain. It did get a bit warm in warm weather and at slower speeds around town. It's amazing the difference on long trips with the big windshield letting you arrive less fatigued, and dryer if traveling in the rain.
That being said I'm probably going to only sparingly use the big shield and mostly stick to local to under 500 mile trips on the Vmax, it is just not the most comfortable for multiple day trips. I'll have my Givi Airstars 123 fitted most of the time which works to block just enough wind and still not look too big.

Latest posts

Back