Wide swing arm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
Hy,
This Vmax have a pretty wide tire, and so the swing-arm

Have anyone see this swing-arm set-up before

It seems better then multiple universal-joint ??

Looks like a right-angle bevel gear drive to offset the shaft for the fatty tire. That, and the supercharger, looks like 'one of everything' on the bike.

Mad Max setup for sure. Had to fix some gears for another guy on here that had some significant issues. I think the very latest version from Paul is a bit more durable but not sure.

Attachments

• Picture194.jpg
    Picture194.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 112
Mad Max setup for sure. Had to fix some gears for another guy on here that had some significant issues. I think the very latest version from Paul is a bit more durable but not sure.

Oh, nice pic
Looks like Hyvo chain set up with lub fitting

Have one open:ummm:

regards

Yea thats the latest, and thats the one I need the gears from you for Sean.
Ill have my bike apart in the next week or two for the offset gears and the undercut set as well. All by direct order from the mod monkey, of course.

Here's some gear comparisons. The belt link chain we made new gears for failed (the gear did not this time) so we changed out the design completely and ran 3 standard chains which has had no issues that I have heard of). I do have the link belt gears available and they might work perfectly for you if you want to give them a go.

Attachments

• Billet Replacement Gears for Mad Max Wide Kit.jpg
    Billet Replacement Gears for Mad Max Wide Kit.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 68
maxrom there are a few wide swing arms out there, Exactrep$$$$, Mammoth Max with thier CV jointed lefty$$$$ and Pauls$$$$, pics shown. Zero performance enhancement but cool looks and burnouts if you don't break anything.

They use the multiple ujoints though? I don't see any issues using them and no gear lash (the mad max stuff has a LOT of that). I do have the 240 kit we're working on using the Gen 2 stuff modified to fit the gen 1. That's nowhere nearly as wide as this 300-330 you've got pictured.

Here's another 300 we helped get bugs ironed out of as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5171.jpg
    IMG_5171.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
Scott Mellor did Mad max setup for a 300 tire 2 years ago I know it uses a transfer case an uses oil lines from the motor an plumbed into the case its a neat setup very expensive an KILLS rwhp

I think my swingarm from Paul is the one in Sean's pics but now I had a whole new design using the middle picture Sean has with a triplex chain and I have ZERO lag and it works PERFECT!!! It feels like it's tight as can be with instant response but it's come with a long history of issues cause Paul originally welded gears to shafts but my new gears and shafts are all one piece and it works better than I could have ever hoped. Those other gears Sean has are mine also so if anyone wants to run the flat style chain with them they still are available and a lot less expensive than having Paul make them if you have one of his setups and you broke a shaft or gear. So contact me or Sean to get them but contact me cause I bought them then sent them to Sean since he knows a lot of people that could use them.

Latest posts

Back