Question for high compression pistons and turbo charger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if i can install a turbo charger in my v-max which has carrilo rods and je pistons high compression. If i put a gasket so i will reduce the pistons copression will it work.????

I would not suggest it. The turbo creates a lot of heat (even with an intercooler) and makes the most effeciency the more boost you let it make. You can install thicker head gaskets (we sell a number of different thicknesses) but that only kills quench and won't lower compression by a huge amount (though it will some). The other side of altering the deck height or installed height of the heads is the exhaust won't fit. On inline bikes all 4 cylinders move up and out int he same plane. On the vmax they are moving away from each other so they just don't fit well.

HOWEVER, As long as your crown thickness is good on the pistons you can run nitrous and it will work quite well. The nitrous will act with a cooling factor.

Does anybody know if i can install a turbo charger in my v-max which has carrilo rods and je pistons high compression. If i put a gasket so i will reduce the pistons copression will it work.????

Im not complaining, Im just saying thats Your 29 thread along to 176 posts.
I vote for Topicuswhorus award for this fella :rofl_200:

Im not complaining, Im just saying thats Your 29 thread along to 176 posts.
I vote for Topicuswhorus award for this fella :rofl_200:

haha i like the name! who says you don't speak english well! you COULD nominate him for 'postawhorus'!

I am using stock pistons on a 1300 venture block with VMax heads and have double thick head gaskets to lower the comp ratio. Besides the exhaust not fitting 100% (I'm sure you will be having a custom exhaust for the turbo anyway), doesn't raising the heads also mess with the cam timing... a very small amount, but some I believe. By raising the heads, you will either advance the front valves and retard the rear valves (or vice-versa). With the high compression pistons, I'm afraid you will run into detonation problems without some pretty high octane race fuel... unless you keep you boost down, but where is the fun in that? At least you have good rods, that is the expensive part. I would be looking into some low comp pistons, keeping stock head gaskets and crank up the boost!!!!!!

Keep us posted with what your plans are.

Jeff

Haven't done it on a Vmax, but had a 810 Kwaka with 11:1 forgies and heaps of dynamic compression, then put on a turbo to see what it would take.
I ran 100octane unleaded into it, with 2 boost referenced methanol injectors, the 1st at 3lbs, then again at 6lbs, and ran up to 8.5lbs max. Retarded the timing (boost referenced) by 2deg every 1lb, draw through with a FCR41.

Went hard enough to scare the bejesus out of me, 145mph with a std flexi-frame and a 120 bias rear keeps the blood pumping!

Did that for 4 years and 3 seasons on that motor.

Latest posts

Back