Full Face helmets Buying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wear regular glasses but I do wear sunglasses. I'm buying it through Amazon most likely so I'll be able to return it if needed. Still looking through all the choices, I appreciate the heads up on HJC and glasses.

Redbone also the Hjc is Pinlock ready the shield is not included so you might want to price the shied before you select that model

I don't wear regular glasses but I do wear sunglasses. I'm buying it through Amazon most likely so I'll be able to return it if needed. Still looking through all the choices, I appreciate the heads up on HJC and glasses.

Make sure it is sold by or fulfilled by Amazon, if it is a third party you can't always return it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Redbone also the Hjc is Pinlock ready the shield is not included so you might want to price the shied before you select that model
This HJC model does not include the pinlock shield so it would be a separate purchase. Only a few times have I ever has fogging as an issue so I'm not sure I even need the option.
Make sure it is sold by or fulfilled by Amazon, if it is a third party you can't always return it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Yep, I've been using Amazon pretty good for the last couple of years, already have 12 purchases this year!:biglaugh:

this is my next concideration for a helmet....
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-gt3000-helmet
I really like my current scorpion helmet except it's a bit heavy. Since I wear glasses the squeeze to get them into it have me wearing my open face Bell mag-9 sena more often. I'm waiting till the gt3000 gets on the market and the reviews start coming in.
good luck, bill

I have an HJC FS-10 and I like it.
http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/hjc-fs-10-motorcycle-helmet-review.htm/
It's the second FS-10 I bought and the third HJC I've owned.
The HJCs fit my head shape better than other Helmet brands I've tried on at MC dealers.
I wear a 7-1/4 hat size and the Medium fits perfectly.

So when I need a new helmet I'll probably get the HJC FG-17 or IS-17.

Last edited:
Help my skull measures 22.875 i want the Shark brand but it maxes out in a Medium at 22.83 a large is 23.2th which maybe to big so what to do i notice this scale on on alot of lids would you go with the medium and hope it stretchs

That's what I would do Jim, helmets will "loosen up" a bit but they won't ever get smaller. Do they have replaceable interiors? maybe some smaller cheek pads? But those medium dimensions are so close you might be all right.

Help my skull measures 22.875 i want the Shark brand but it maxes out in a Medium at 22.83 a large is 23.2th which maybe to big so what to do i notice this scale on on alot of lids would you go with the medium and hope it stretchs

What helmets fit your head shape? I'd say go ahead with the medium, though.

Well i pulled the trigger and got the Shark s700 frost lumi in a medium from Revzilla $183.00 Closeout

Well that helmet didn't fit, hit my forehead and gave me a insta headache! I asked motorcyclegear.com for some advice with my head size and helmets that fit me in the past. They came up with 3 helmets that would probably work but suggested that I find a location to try some helmets on. The 3 suggested helmets are Vermar (the brand which I'm replacing), Icon and Arai.
I threw out the Vemar brand as a choice, and concentrated on Icon and Arai. I knew the Arai would be mega $'s so I looked at Icon's offerings, but my initial thought about that brand were that they were kind of gimmicky with their name in bold and in numerous locations on their products.
Here are their suggestions:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/search?query=Signet-Q
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/search?query=Icon+Airmada

Well, Icon didn't change my mind with their graphics but I think the Armada Salient offering might be OK, and I have a buddy that has a small local business doing custom decals, mostly for snowmobiles but he probably can help me out with adding something more to my liking.
As expected, Arai's Signet Q had a couple designs that I really liked (US FLAG and Zero in the red versions) but those helmets are almost $700!!!!
I guess I'll be looking at the helmets with no graphics and work up something graphics wise with my buddy since I'm tired of having a plain black helmet.
I've found a couple dealers less than 200 miles away so it looks like a short road trip is in my future to go try on some helmets. The search continues!

lol well you and i are having the same luck i got my Shark s700 and it is made for intermediate oval and in a size Medium it fit side to side but was to snug in the forehead area ( I looked on you tube on how to choose the proper size helmet) they give some good tips on fit. I now bought a Shark speed R Avenger in a size L wish me luck

lol well you and i are having the same luck i got my Shark s700 and it is made for intermediate oval and in a size Medium it fit side to side but was to snug in the forehead area ( I looked on you tube on how to choose the proper size helmet) they give some good tips on fit. I now bought a Shark speed R Avenger in a size L wish me luck
Yep, I felt the HJC would have been ok side to side, it was a tight fit but so was my Vemar at first but hen broke in.
Here is what Aaron from Motorcyclegear.com advised: "It sounds to me like you do have more of an oval shaped head. Even going up in the HJC is not going to fix your fit issues. It might give you more room back to front but it will also get wider as well. Then you could end up with a helmet that is too big everywhere else. HJC helmets typically more of an "intermediate oval" or "neutral" shell shape so it will be very difficult to find one that will work with your head. It would be better for you to go somewhere where you could try on a bunch of different models of HJC to find one that fit you best."
It's going to be a pain in the ass to drive all over hell to find a helmet but I just may wait until riding season is here and ride to the locations.
Good luck with your next helmet, I hope it works out.

That's excellent advice from Motorcycle.com, even if it's a bit of a pain.

I tried on a LOT of different manufacturers helmets at different shops/dealerships before I tried an HJC and found out it fit my head shape perfectly.

You could take a look at some of the Motorcycle Shops/Dealers near you:
https://www.google.com/maps/search/...r+Brimley+Michigan/@46.527433,-84.3805718,11z
Thanks for the links Dennis. Most of the stuff on the local shelves are snowmobile stuff with maybe a few odd leftover helmets from previous year or even, I swear, leftover from a decade ago! We still have 3' of snow on the ground and skiing this weekend should be fun in the snow that is just starting to drop some flakes tonight. I haven't crossed the border, yet, but will probably wait until I hear back from two dealers on the West end of the U.P. who are both Arai and Icon dealers. That will be a long day of driving since the closest one is 140 miles away!

Latest posts

Back